Dos Santos Speaks Out On Upcoming Fight With Alistair Overeem

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score

Your next “test†has a name: Overeem. What are your thoughts?

Overeem is really a tough, dangerous, heavy and really strong guy. I see him as a good challenge. Probably he’s accepting the stand-up fight. To me, it can go to the floor or on our feet. He’s very dangerous, but I gotta use my speed. I really believe in me, I’m always confident about my attitudes. I guess one of the secrets is: believing in yourself if half way. I really believe I can beat him. And as any fight, I’ll get there to knock him out. It won’t be different this time, I’m going there to knock him out.

Fans split opinions: some say you got the best stand-up and others say Overeem has it. Despite believing on your victory, do you believe you’re more technical then him on your feet?

I believe so. I really believe my stand-up. I believe i can knock anyone out doing the right work. He’s as dangerous as me on the stand-up, there’s a reason why he became the champion at K-1. It’ll be a hard fight, it’s gonna come down to who hits the other first. The impact of a heavyweight punch can knock one out in a second.

You’ve shown you got a hard chin when you fought Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson, who are guys that hit hard. Are you ready to fight Overeem?

I’m a fighter, I’ve learned how to fight suffering in the gym. In the gym I live the reality or I push myself even further than the bout can offer. I’m prepared for the good and bad moments of the fight. The main thing is for the fighter to know how to get hit too. If you’re only a fighter in good times, you’re going down soon I believe I’m prepared for both situations.

There is a polemic going around Overeem, who’s been charged for a supposed assault towards a lady in Las Vegas. Did somebody from UFC come and told you something about the fight?

They haven’t commented anything with me, I’m just waiting. I only heard about it. I’m not the one to go and judge people, but, if it really happened… I guess it’s complicated for an athlete of a sport as seen as ours to go and do something like that. I guess justice knows better. But I’m guessing we’re still fighting (hours later, Fertitta tweeted they’re fighting at UFC 146). If it doesn’t happen and they replace him, it doesn’t matter to me. I’m ready to fight anybody. I’ve never picked opponents and I won’t start doing it now I’m the champ. I leave it for UFC to decide, because they know better.

MMAWeekly.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fair comments by Dos Santos, confident in his own abilities but respectful of what Overeem can do. Will be a great title fight and I am glad that we don't have to wait too long to see it.