Donald Cerrone-Yves Edwards Added To UFC on FX 3 event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
An intriguing lightweight contest between Donald Cerrone (17-4 MMA, 4-1 UFC) and Yves Edwards (41-18-1 MMA, 9-4 UFC) has been added to May's UFC on FX 3 event.

The new booking was announced on Tuesday's new episode of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV.

UFC on FX 3 takes place May 15 at the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Va. The night's main card airs on FX.

Cerrone looks to rebound from a December loss to Nate Diaz at December's UFC 141 event. The disappointing loss snapped a six-fight win streak for "Cowboy," who had been undefeated under the UFC banner before the result.

Cerrone, who fought twice for the WEC lightweight belt, had been considered at the front of the line for a crack at the UFC 155-pound title before the result. Nevertheless, another win or two could easily have him back in position for a title shot.

Meanwhile, Edwards also looks to snap back from defeat after falling short against "The Ultimate Fighter 13" winner Tony Ferguson at December's The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale. Edwards, who has fought professionally since 1997 is currently mired in a 1-2 stretch but is 3-2 overall in his latest stint in the UFC.s

The bout's position on the evening's card was not revealed.

I'd say Cerrone, but you never know with Yves. Nice matchup though. I've read two diffrent reports though one saying this is booked for FX the other saying Fuel Tv but Dana Tweeted it saying it was going to be on FX so that's what i'll assume.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Dont know that much about Yves, but Cerrone really disappointed me against Diaz so I'd like to see him look dominant again.

Hes an exciting fighter, so IDK why he froze so badly against Nate.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yves has been around a while has a 40-18 record, Cerrone will has the power advantage but Yves is so crafty he can take anybody out of their game.