Dominion in Osaka 2020

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
41pG1Szl.jpg

R4vtJ1El.jpg

4CmTmVMl.jpg

SHO gets Shingo with The Never Openweight Championship on the Line. He truly earned this opportunity defeating Shingo in the NJPW Cup and see how good they did with each other last time I expect more of the same with the stakes even higher now. Tag Championship should probably stay in Ibushi, and Tanahashi's hands and that should be a good watch. Naito is putting both of his Championships on the line during this Show and it will probably be against EVIL to have a fresh Matchup. It would be great if Hiromu got by Okada and we saw a LIJ Final for the Cup this Year, but this is what we got. I can't say I have been impressed by either guy in the tourney, but I know both can turn it up like they have before.​

Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
EVIL actually won both belts.

:DEAD:

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
After what happened at the end of yesterdays show they kinda had to do that (he turned on Naito and joined Bullet Club).

Curious whether they see him as one to build for the future (ala Jay White).

Anyone know how old Evil is?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Pretty sure he's the same age as Okada. Which is somewhat young for a NJPW main event talent tbh. Considering Ibushi, Naito, Tana, Goto, etc. are around or over 40.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
But on that note, NJPW seems set up for success for at least the next decade. In that late 20s/early 30s range they've got Okada, Jay White, EVIL, Sanada, Will Ospreay, Juice Robinson, ZSJ and Hiromu Takahashi. And those are just the ones that are already solidified. Who knows how much more talent they can accrue over that time.

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I have loads to say about that Main Event and the idea of EVIL going Heel and joining Bullet Club, but let me talk about the rest of the Show first though. The rest of the Card before SHO vs Shingo to me was a snoozefest to get through to be honest. SHO vs Shingo I really enjoyed as Shingo seems to be the best worker going for NJPW right now in my opinion. Shingo wants to face everyone and he made SHO looking like a Million Bucks, and SHO himself raised his stock in NJPW with his performance for the Never Openweight Championship. Shingo is not the type of guy to take a night off, and rock a Shirt during a Match as if he doesn't care, he's going to give his maximum effort no matter who he faces. He gets pass SHO and now Desperado wants a piece of The Dragon and that is something to look forward to.

Taichi and Sabre JR winning the Tag Titles I didn't mind that result at all. I've thought Taichi when he's not fooling around and not taking things seriously enough for the moment he could be a World Champion. I'm happy for Taichi getting the win and he's been really great with Sabre I feel to really do some special stuff with him. I'm bummed though Tana and Ibushi losing, but I don't know better chasers than those two guys so that could be really entertaining to watch those guys get back that win from the new Champs.

Now to EVIL vs Naito. Oh boy that Main Event Match felt like hours to watch. EVIL I never been impressed by his look, or entertained by what he's done. Shoot I can't remember calling a damn good EVIL Singles Match so to me this is falling flat to me caring about what is going on. When Bullet Club is back with all it's Members isn't EVIL fourth or even further on the Pole? I do not see White not knocking on the Door wanting a shot and where is that going to lead Gedo and his booking to do? I don't see why you put all that effort in having Naito win the big one and then he loses in what his second defense? Gedo and his booking no doubt tells me Okada could be winning the G1 Climax because what else is he going to do? You could turn Jay White Face, but I enjoy him as a Heel hard he backs it up in the Ring. I wouldn't of had a problem with the Title change if it made sense and if we had Months of EVIL in BC. Why do the change now. Crazy how you go that route, welp let's see what chaos happens now.