Dominick Cruz Talks UFC on Versus 6 on The Fight Fix

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Another week, another edition of The Fight Fix with host Dustin Greene. In this weeks entry, Greene catches up with Dominick Cruz before he defends his UFC bantamweight title against Demetrious Johnson at this weekend's UFC on Versus 6 card.

Greene also catches up with UFC newcomer Mike Easton who makes his promotional debut on the same card.

You can also see The Fight Fix at CSNWashington.com.

SBNation and Comcast SportsNet are proud to bring you The Fight Fix on BloodyElbow.com and MMA Nation every week.

Full transcript after the jump

SBN coverage of UFC on Versus 6: Cruz vs. Johnson

Dominick Cruz

:26 secs, on defending the title in front of a nationwide audience on free TV: "I'm real excited about it because I know it's gonna be on free TV. I know it's gonna get to a whole different audience because of that. This is the first fight at the Verizon Center. I know there's a lot of fans out here in D.C. and I get to come out here and train with Team Lloyd Irvin every here and there and train with Mike Easton over here. I know that I got a lot of support out here so I'm pumped."

1:00, on combating Demetrius Johnson's game: "I think that I have a different style that's hard to deal with for people too. I move just as much as he does. People have a hard time gettin' a hand on me. I'm quick too. I have a size advantage on him. When everything's said and done, I still have a 6-inch reach advantage on him that he has to figure out how out get past. I know how ot use my range and I think that's what's gonna make the difference in this fight."

Mike Easton, 10-1, making his UFC debut at UFC Live 6

1:30, on combating possible nerves from his 1st UFC fight & ring rust: "Yes, I've had a 2 year layoff, but within that 2 years, I've gotten healthier. Everyone else is fighting, gettin' beat up. I've been abel to study guys, focus on their little mistakes, and just watch them and see all the things I can take advantage of. I'm ready man. I train with Dominick Cruz, the champ. He's always in shape, pushes me to another level. I'm just ready: ready to show the world what I got."