Dominick Cruz: 'If You're Fighting for a Title, You Have to be Willing to Die Out The

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Matt Roth had the chance to catch up with UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz for MMA Nation. In this video, Cruz talks about his hand injury, Dana White and who he is picking in the bout between Urijah Faber and Brian Bowles.

The video:

Some quotes from the MMA Nation write-up of the article:

After the UFC 136 pre-fight presser, Dana White was asked about Dominick Cruz and why he didn't bring up his broken hand even after the fight. Dana commended the champion saying he's one of the toughest fighters he knows. When Cruz was made aware of White's comments, he was elated saying, "I appreciate it. I appreciate the fact that he sees things the way we do. It means he things the way a fighter sees things. It's good that somebody like Dana who has all these things to worry about, I can't even image where his head's at, and to take the time and think about the fact that I had to go into this fight with my hand hurt from round one to round five, and fight through it."

"I appreciate the fact that he recognizes it is really all I can say. i didn't want to say anything about my hand because I don't want to sound like I'm trying to make excuses or say look I did that with this problem. Who cares, it's why I didn't say anything. It didn't really matter. Demetrious fought an awesome fight. WE had an awesome fight. It didn't really play a difference in the fight and do what I needed to do. It hurt but if you're fighting for a title, you have to be willing to die out there."