Dolph Ziggler is the new Miz?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AndrewO92

Jobber
Reaction score
I saw this post on a wrestling website. It made a lot of good pointers.

"Nothing pisses me off more on these boards than when a fan comes out and thinks a guy isn't getting pushed - or has lost his steam - just because he's not in the WWE Title picture. I swear, some of you guys think that the only way to be "over" is to either be the champ or the #1 contender - and you're either too blind or too stupid to realize that a guy like The Miz hasn't lost any steam in the past year.

Let's look at the last four months of his career.

October: Miz and R-Truth defeat Triple H and CM Punk at Vengeance.
November: Miz and R-Truth headline Survivor Series against Rock/Cena
December: Miz headlines TLC against Punk and ADR in a WWE Title match.
January: Miz/R-Truth angle is one of the main angles on Monday Night Raw.

From the way some of you guys are talking, you'd think The Miz wasn't even on TV every week ... or that he was jobbing to Hunico. Do you guys even realize that he's currently involved with one of the bigger angles on Raw - an angle that has generated at least 5-10 minutes of TV time EVERY week since the end of last year?

If Dolph Ziggler's next four months are as successful as The Miz's last four months were, then Ziggler should be happy."

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Good point, I was defending Miz when smarks were suggesting he was de-pushed because he was in a tag-team. But he was against The Rock on his first match back for 7 years, that's huge. I'm a slater though of the current story-line that he's in. Not because of him not being in the title scene (he won't be or shouldn't be until after mania) but because the feud is not doing Truth or Miz any good. Miz is booked wrong constantly I think. All the way back from when Jerry Lawler almost beat Miz clean until Michael Cole interfered to when Sheamus is kicking him in the face every week for no reason. If Miz wasn't as good on the mic as he is, he'd be ADR with less ring ability.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I agree as long you're getting consistent tv time you're not being de-pushed but I struggle to see how this article even creates a comparison between the two. They are pretty similar with how they've fought up the ranks and have improved on their respective flaws, Dolph on the mic and Miz in well everything.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
I agree as long you're getting consistent tv time you're not being de-pushed but I struggle to see how this article even creates a comparison between the two. They are pretty similar with how they've fought up the ranks and have improved on their respective flaws, Dolph on the mic and Miz in well everything.

Agreed, the only similarity is that WWE hasn't done a Sheamus/ADR/Lesnar and put them in the ME immediately. Which is good. Dolph's improved on his selling and delivery in the ring I think, he wasn't always that good (still good but not this good) and Miz as you say has improved on every aspect possible.