Does ECW need another objective?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

What I mean by objective is a title, whether it be an official title belt or just a moral title a superstar can hold. I think ECW needs one drastically, as there are only 2 people feuding over the title right now and so where does that leave the rest of the card? They just have to wait their turn to get a shot at the ECW title and that shot will almost likely never come.

ECW needs a mid card title because it gives something for the other people on the roster to fight for. I recommend beringing back the ECW Television Title, the European title or the Hardcore title. This would give ECW more opportunities to make their storylines have an objective or a goal. I know it has been said before, but a mid card title is necessary in my opinion. It would give a new layer of depth to the brand that would also maybe occasionally get them a second PPV match.

Look at Finlay versus Knox. A pretty good feud here, that got kinda personal, and as a mid card feud it is pretty cool I must say. So when this feud ends, where do these men go. Back to the shuffle, and the sense of clutter because they will have nowhere to go. I doubt Knox will get a go at the title and Finlay probably wont because Hardy needs a heel challengefr to get over better with the fans.

Mid Card title on ECW = Ratings = Entertainment = Objective = :grin:

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Well, considering Matt Hardy didn't actually appear on ECW this week, does it really need another title? It's been doing well this far, and the WWE already has enough titles. 9, I believe. Hmmm

noumenon

The ECW title is already seen as a second tier title and had pretty much been held by all midcarders....what would that make an even lower belt?

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
The ECW title is already seen as a second tier title and had pretty much been held by all midcarders....what would that make an even lower belt?

Funaki :y:

TBH, ECW doesn't need another title. They've managed to build up solid mini-feuds doing everything 100% right. They've made Evan Bourne a star, without involving titles at all, which is quite the feat :smile_1:

seX-Power

Evan Bourne really made the transition to a star when he appeared on Raw. Also, I dont see the ECW title as 2nd tier, but more like 1 1/2 tier as at least it is defended on PPVs. A second title would just give the people on the roster a meaning and would allow a larger roster to bring in more developmental. I guess they don't have the time, but it would just be good for the poeple that actually watch ECW.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i think it would help make some good feuds but ecw has been pretty damn good lately so it might not need it. i dont think it could hurt ecw tho so i think it would be a good idea. the television title would be the best pick imo...

noumenon

The problem with the ECW title is that they use it the wrong way. They give it to guys who don't quite have what it takes to be a World Champ on the other shows...Kane, Henry, Hardy..ect. instead of giving it to these amazing young talents. A feud like a heel Morrison(c) vs. Evan Bourne would really add such interest and a fighting credability to the title. ECW is a training ground for young break out stars...and that's exactlly what the title should be used for. Lets call it for what it is... a telivised version of OVW or FCW.

chessarmy

no, the ECW Title barely means anything as it is, and with the small roster and only 1 hour time slot there really is no need for a second championship

Switchy

Reaction score
Many of you may think tihs idea is shit but seeing as everybody knows Raw and SD are rated more highly than ECW maybe ECW could bring in a yearly 8-man tournament where the winner goes to Raw or SD and gets a title shot at the next PPV. I think it would be something different and it would just do the same thing as the draft where ECW loses all it's big stars and it would also help create stars too who could be future world champs.

seX-Power

Thats what im talking about Switchy. Just something for the other guys in ECW to fiht for, and it doesnt have to be the title.

Evil Austin

I think they should put the Cruserweight Title on ECW with its competitiors give it a bit of lively hood.

Austin_316

Reaction score
I completely agree as for a brand with one title is just plain boring, so bringing in another title to make ECW more exciting would be good and this would also improve the ratings. The ECW television title would seem more likely as its on the same par as the IC and US titles.