Does Dolph Ziggler need a new gimmick?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Reaction score
Dolph_Ziggler3.jpg

There's no doubting the man's wrestling skills. He can put on a match. I think his personality needs some major changes. He comes off as a Y2J and HBK rip off. It's very noticeable. His mic skills don't help him. He does not stand apart from the rest of the crowd. Sure he is a "show off" but is that at very appealing?

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
I would say he has a good gimmick at the moment, yes his mic skills could improve. The main thing I've been saying and a lot of people may agree is that he needs to distance himself from Vickie Guerrero. Dolph can draw his own heat he doesn't need her any more. That's the only change I would make.

Reactions: Hannah Bee

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
He's only been on the mic a few times in the last several years XD dont think you can come to a conclusion about his mic skills :p wwe need to give him more mic time

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Great seller, great at winding the crowd up without talking by playing his gimmick perfectly. Should drop Vickie soon and needs more offence so it looks like he can give a beating as well as take one!

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Nobody has a gimmick that suits them more than he does at the moment. Just get rid of restrictions on his moveset and let him talk more and it can take him to the ME, easily.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
What has already been said basically. Dude i insanely over. He stole the crowd at No Way Out and Money In The Bank. Is insanely charismatic and has a moveset to die for when he doesn't have restrictions.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Everyone has already stated my opinion pretty much. A gimmick change isn't necessary but a few booking tweaks need to be done (no Vickie, more mic time, more offense) so he's perfect, as he plays this gimmick wonderfully in my opinion.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
A gimmick change isn't neccessary but a gimmick tweak is, at the minute he is a it generic imo, he just needs to push the fact that he is a showoff and showoff more imo.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Leo C said:
Everyone has already stated my opinion pretty much. A gimmick change isn't necessary but a few booking tweaks need to be done (no Vickie, more mic time, more offense) so he's perfect, as he plays this gimmick wonderfully in my opinion.

This.

Dolph never used to be good enough on the stick to get heat, now he's more than good enough, ditch Vickie ffs and have her elevate a new star.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler