Does CM Punk Think WWE Brought Him Back Too Soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Recently crowned WWE champion C.M. Punk addressed online criticism that WWE called him back to TV too soon after his Money in the Bank victory. He talked to ESPN's Jon Robinson and says WWE made the right call: "In a perfect world, yeah, you could stretch everything out more, but realistically, it's a business. You needed a main event for Summerslam. So for all of the armchair bookers out there who are like, 'No, Punk came back too soon!' I agree with you, but, the second largest pay-per-view of the year, what match are you going to put in the main event? People need to take that into account. Nobody ever likes to look into things, they just like to bitch and complain about everything."

WZROnline.com

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That is exactly how I viewed it. Yeah on one hand I would have loved for them to stretch it out and do some creative ideas with it but SS is a big PPV and it just made too much sense to have that match happen then and there was there is no bigger stage for them to do it at since Rock/Cena is happening at mania. So in the end right move was made in that regard. The wrong move imo was not having Punk carry the title longer while doing a storyline about someone not wanting him to be champion.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fair enough by Punk, SummerSlam is the third biggest PPV and it needed a huge mainevent and Punk vs. Cena was that event. Bringing Punk back this early wasn't the big mistake WWE made, it was dropping the Punk/Cena feud too early.