Fastlane Does Chris Jericho respond?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

koy2j.png
"The pro wrestling version of Zack Morris and Screech are over. Kevin Owens turned on Chris Jericho on the latest edition of Monday Night Raw, at the Festival of Friendship of all places, and a feud between the two is inevitable.

There are some questions for this looming angle, though.

Does Jericho remain off TV for a little bit to sell injuries?
Does Y2J return immediately to seek revenge on his former best buddy?
Is this how Owens ends up losing to Goldberg at Fastlane, as a spurned former buddy will interfere during the match?

Some of these questions can’t be answered until Fastlane, but it will be interesting to see what both wrestlers’ roles are — if any, from Jericho’s standpoint — on Monday evening."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. And Yes.

I thought this was worth discussing when I read it. I mean if they plan on Goldberg getting the title... Which all signs point to yet... Then having Jericho put the screw to him is the way to go into Wrestlemania with a a lot of tension between the two.

And I don't care what anyone says, Jericho and KO were the mid to late year highlight of 2016 and going into 2017, they continue to steal the show. /me pushes Dolph over and hits him with a chair.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The only problem I have with a KO/Jericho feud and the Wrestlemania match is
everyone knows that KO is going over at Wrestlemania for whatever title they
are fighting for because Jericho is heading off to do another Fozzy album and
tour.

I will admit I have hated KO's booking since he became Champion and I never
understood the appeal of "The List" but Owens & Jericho do have great chemistry
and are both very entertaining.

I would really like to see KO retain the Universal Title...but it looks like its the
"CM Punk Situation" all over again as a Part Timer gets to shit all over a more
deserving Full Timer because its what is "best for business"

God...I hate it...

I actually didn't really care or mind the Goldberg/Lesnar stuff because it was
2 Part time guys and that's the way it should be done with the part timers...
but now KO is going to suffer and have his career stalled because of Billy
Big Bollocks.

Its Bullshit...

Last edited:

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Now this is super off topic, but I absolutely love that render of JeriKO

On topic, double yes, because screwing over Owens just makes sense. No reason to feed him to Goldberg, at least give him an excuse, you know?

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The only problem I have with a KO/Jericho feud and Wrestlemania match is
everyone knows that KO is going over at Wrestlemania for whatever title they
are fighting for because Jericho is heading off to do another Fozzy album and
tour.

Yeah... Don't remind me :downer:

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
The match between Bill and KO is gonna have Brock interfering and then Jericho is gonna come and cost KO the title.

UNLESS

ITS ALL A WORK!

And JeriKO are best friends 4 eva!!

:y2j::ko:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The match between Bill and KO is gonna have Brock interfering and then Jericho is gonna come and cost KO the title.

UNLESS

ITS ALL A WORK!

And JeriKO are best friends 4 eva!!

:y2j::ko:

SPOILER:

Lesnar and Heyman had a segment on RAW and confirmed Lesnar will not be interefering in the KO/Goldberg match at Fastlane.

As much as most of us would love to see KO retain, it just wouldn't make sense for Lesnar to interfere and cost Goldberg (and himself for that matter) the Universal title match at Mania.

If/when Goldberg defeats KO, it would just be another thing for Lesnar to conquer at Mania.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
SPOILER:

Lesnar and Heyman had a segment on RAW and confirmed Lesnar will not be interefering in the KO/Goldberg match at Fastlane.

As much as most of us would love to see KO retain, it just wouldn't make sense for Lesnar to interfere and cost Goldberg (and himself for that matter) the Universal title match at Mania.

If/when Goldberg defeats KO, it would just be another thing for Lesnar to conquer at Mania.

Okay then! Come on Jericho, come out and help your buddy and make it all a work!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yo, what if KO ends up retaining at Fastlane after all?

They could have Joe and/or HHH interfere and help KO retain.

I mean, they've been teasing Joe and KO as HHH's boys and a possible stable, so I can see them doing it.

Then the next night on RAW, they could have Y2J appear to start building for Y2J vs KO at Mania.

Reactions: Smg and The Phenom

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah I got wondering too if this was all a work...again. didn't they do that a little bit ago?

I'm all for it being a work. I love jeri-ko. Probably the most entertaining part of raw (although I haven't really watched raw in over a month..few minutes here and there.

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

I mean, they've been teasing Joe and KO as HHH's boys and a possible stable, so I can see them doing it.

Then the next night on RAW, they could have Y2J appear to start building for Y2J vs KO at Mania.
I just want to say, I find this theory really interesting. I'd like to have your opinion, though, on what you would think would happen to Jericho's U.S title if it goes this way. Would it be a title vs title match? Would Jericho just drop it on Raw to someone like Sami Zayn? (I know they're building Joe vs Zayn, this is just an example)

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I just want to say, I find this theory really interesting. I'd like to have your opinion, though, on what you would think would happen to Jericho's U.S title if it goes this way. Would it be a title vs title match? Would Jericho just drop it on Raw to someone like Sami Zayn? (I know they're building Joe vs Zayn, this is just an example)

Ideally, Y2J would drop the title to Zayn on RAW (they could have KO cost Y2J the title), so Zayn would end up working Joe not only at Fastlane, but at Mania, too, which would be for the US title.

However, if they're unsure of what to do with Joe/Zayn on both shows, they could have their Fastlane match cancelled, as in Joe would attack Zayn before the match or something along those lines.

But yeah, Y2J vs KO for the Universal title and Zayn vs Joe for the US title would be pretty darn cool.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Ideally, Y2J would drop the title to Zayn on RAW (they could have KO cost Y2J the title), so Zayn would end up working Joe not only at Fastlane, but at Mania, too, which would be for the US title.

However, if they're unsure of what to do with Joe/Zayn on both shows, they could have their Fastlane match cancelled, as in Joe would attack Zayn before the match or something along those lines.

But yeah, Y2J vs KO for the Universal title and Zayn vs Joe for the US title would be pretty darn cool.

That would give me a reason to watch WM.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

I wish that this would happen but they're trying their best to not make Goldberg look weak in any way. The only way this would work is if KO lost this way via DQ and then they all beat on Goldberg. Then Brock comes out and finishes bill off with an F5 to start building their feud.

Or, the more probable scenario is that Goldberg destroys KO in like 5 mins and then headlines against Brock, which would be a puke fest. Either way, I don't see Goldberg getting pinned by KO. I would be beyond shocked.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
If KO Wins I might have to watch the UT match at WM.

If Oldberg wins I can skip the entire match. All 2 mins of it!