Do you think CM Punk is an Edge ripoff?

• Thread starter Solid Stinger the Big Boss
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

I for one don't, but a majority of people think he is nothing more but an Edge ripoff. I can't tell you how many people on youtube video comments said Punk is a ripoff. It was astonishing. Some people always have SOMETHING to bitch about.

So whats your opinion IWF?

Shit, somebody please edit that and to an.

Airfixx

No.

Dunno what this "majority" is that you're talking about either."

DenninV2

Reaction score
If anything he is the complete opposite of what Edge stands for when he's a face that is. But when Punk is heel then yes I see some similarities between the two. Overall CM is no where near being a Edge rip off.

MikeRaw

Ya, I dont know what this majority is... Noone Ive everseen has said that,. Infact, they're almost polar opposites... Sure, they both listen to rock/alternative/punk, and theyd probably even hang out, but Punk isnt ripping him off. Edge is supposed to be the heavy drinking, heavy sex, whatever it takes Rated R guy, while Punk still has some Rated R bones in him, he doesnt drink, drugs, etc... So ya, the gimmicks are very different IMO.

Wrestling Station

They wanted to make Punk's name as big as possible for him to cash in the MITB against the Ulitimate Oppurtunist himself "Edge". So thats the first time i see Edge being played and lost to another guy with the same style as Edge does with the MITB.

Rip off? No, just a way to open the wide door infront of Punk imo. But i still dont see Punk as a huge star in WWE. He will probably lose the title infront of Batista or Cena. And i thought that Punk will cash his MITB in a PPV. So, well.. i think he wont be a champ for long. Maybe couple of PPVs and thats it.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

I uploaded Punk vs. Edge for WHC. People in the comment section were saying stuff like “Punk wants to be Edge” and “Punk is good but this shows he's an Edge clone” the video comments were about 60-50 on Punk because of the way he won. The 60% called him ripoff, clone, or wannabe.

The video has already been tooken down and no i'm not uploading anymore, only for VERY special occasions.

But fuck those people, i'm pretty sure if that guy who originally said it never said it those people would have shit to say. Screw them whats your thought about this Punk being a ripoff?

fteezy

Reaction score
nah - just KARMA for Edge lmao! He got it thrown back him!

Enigma22

Reaction score
eh i would exactly call him a rip off but they have some similarities... u can say that about most wrestlers...

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
You know who's a real Edge rip off.. The Edge head's! lol

CM Punk has that same feel, but isn't an Edge rip off.. They might have a similair career though..

NinoBrown

Reaction score
One thing I don't care for is the fact Punk took the Edge root, cash in on a weakened opponent. Punk is suppose to be straight edge, always giving his all when he's wrestling yet he takes the cheap way out and basically sneaks a win?

That doesn't seem too straight edge to me.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah besides, wasn't CM Punk addicted to competition? And a weakened Edge isn't too much of a competition.

To me, CM Punk should have cashed in like RVD, in a one on one match

Reaction score
Yeah i agree with CMS if CM Punk was addicted to competiton and if he was so Straightedge he would not have cashed the MITB against a weakened opponent. I would not call Punk an Edge rip off but what Punk did and how he won the WHC kind of takes away from what he says he is all about

MikeRaw

lol, if CM Punk has MITB, no matter who it is, unless your RVD, your not gonna ask for an actual match, that lwoers your chances. And, storyline wise, Punk did that to "get back" at Edge for all he's done, and play his own game against him.
BTW, Straightedge has nothing to do with giving it your all every time, its just about the lifestyle, the "addidcted to competition" is a seperate gimmick (sorta)...