Do you forget how to play an old WWE game after getting used to the new ones ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
This happens all the time, I have a collection of WWE games that were made in the original Smackdown era in the early 2000's (2000 - 2003) or Smackdown vs RAW since 2004 until 2011 (although the last one I had was 2010). Occasionally I'll boot up my PlayStation 2 for old times sake and when I'm playing an Exhibition match against the CPU, I forget how to counter a strike or a grapple because I'm so used to pressing R2 to block in the 2K series or punch or grab using X or Circle instead of Square to punch and X to grab them. It's even worse when you go back to the early Smackdown games until Here Comes The Pain when you couldn't escape a submission hold, you had to hope that your opponent let go or you automatically tapped out (which they fixed in the recent games). The wrestlers got back up faster even when you did a finishing move and it was easier to win or lose, which makes you appreciate the new games that fixed most of these issues.

Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried to play WWF Attitude sometimes ago, I was getting my ass kicked. Other games like WCW/NWO Revenge or WWF No Mercy are still easy to adapt.