Do WWE fans usually react negatively whenever celebrities appear on live shows?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jericho-79

Jobber
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I don't watch RAW as feverishly as I used to. And once per year, I watch only one PPV- Wrestlemania. So I was hoping if I could get some insight from you guys.

WWE has a history of bringing in mainstream celebrities for episodes of RAW and for Wrestlemania. I don't like it. But obviously, WWE does it in order to grab media attention. It doesn't necessarily translate into ratings and buyrates, of course.

Since I don't watch RAW or buy PPV's that much, I don't really know how a live crowd reacts whenever celebrities make guest appearances on WWE programming. I'd imagine that WWE fans give a not-so-warm welcome to "outsiders" appearing on RAW or at Wrestlemania.

I remember K-Fed getting booed on RAW back in 2006, as did Perez Hilton on RAW earlier this year. Puff Daddy got booed at Wrestlemania this past Sunday. When I attended Wrestlemania 26 in Phoenix, some American Idol contestant sang America the Beautiful, and she got booed.

Also, when The Rock returned to RAW in February of last year, he mentioned Justin Bieber's name, and the live crowd booed heavily.

And if remember correctly, the live crowds sat on their collective hands whenever Snooki and Maria Menounos made appearances.

Do live crowds usually react negatively whenever they see celebrities appearing on live shows?

The reason I'm asking this is that people consider wrestling fans to be "trashy rednecks". And WWE fans booing celebrities during live shows could become a testament to that belief.

Anyway, I'm just curious to see how a live WWE crowd would react if they see Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, or Selena Gomez making an appearance on RAW or at Wrestlemania. LOL

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
It depends.
What's the reasoning of being there?
To promote movie? GTFO!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Generally 90% of the celebrities that turn up are boo'd if they have no connection with WWE whatsoever. Tyson etc aren't, because there's history and real love there. The fans know when a celeb is there just to promote, and they get abused verbally. Good for WWE fans.

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Censorious said:
Generally 90% of the celebrities that turn up are boo'd if they have no connection with WWE whatsoever. Tyson etc aren't, because there's history and real love there. The fans know when a celeb is there just to promote, and they get abused verbally. Good for WWE fans.

Just like the guy on Psych.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I died a little inside watching poor Dolph having to sell his punch.

Jericho-79

Jobber
Reaction score
Censorious said:

Does that mean the crowd would boo if they saw Taylor Swift appear on RAW- even though Taylor Swift is hot and is America's Sweetheart?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jericho-79 said:
Does that mean the crowd would boo if they saw Taylor Swift appear on RAW- even though Taylor Swift is hot and is America's Sweetheart?

Yeah. Morgan Freeman is probably the only person who wouldn't get booed because Morgan Freeman is god.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Jericho-79 said:

4fa1d9c7838fdb8d1cfefc7371ef8d5b.jpg

What a hottie!

taylor-swift-butt-photo.jpg

Dem curves!