Divas Storyline for WM Nixed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
At one point, there was a 10-Divas tag match with 5 current Divas going against 5 former Divas. The idea would have been for Kelly Kelly, The Bella Twins, Maryse and Maria Kanellis to take on current Divas like Kaitlyn, Layla and three others.The story is that a few of the former Divas went back to WWE and wanted certain things like access to their names once they left the company and WWE wasn't having it. WWE nixed the idea and so far the only Divas to return are The Bella Twins but word is their deals were in place for a few months now.

This idea would have seen Trish Stratus manage one of the teams.

Read more: WWE Nixes WrestleMania Match With Former WWE Divas And Trish Stratus As A Manager - WrestlingInc.com

Actually seemed promising and more worthy of time than what they would be doing now which is probably a battle royal.

I assume the other 5 they had in mind would be Kaitlyn, Layla, Funkadactyls, and AJ. Trish likely managing the current group

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not the worst idea for the divas at WM. Wouldn't mind them trying something like that for WM30 but have names like Trish and Lita on the former divas team. Would make more sense to do it at a milestone show like WM30 anyway.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I would also guess Maria would be a bone of contention in this too with all the shit she talked about the girls who would've been on her team.

im still kinda shocked they haven't brought Menunos in for Mania this year since she openly said she would love to wrestle again and her ribs aren't broke this time

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Not the worst idea for the divas at WM. Wouldn't mind them trying something like that for WM30 but have names like Trish and Lita on the former divas team. Would make more sense to do it at a milestone show like WM30 anyway.
I like the way you think ... I will be at 30 lol.

But the thing is if you can get Trish and Lita both to work a match, why even involve the other girls? You can make damn good money, good ratings, great story as they have never had a one on one mania encounter, and get great fan reaction out of a one on one encounter and weeks of segments building to it with those two. They once main evented Raw and both had their own merch doing the attitude era, where they were making midcard guy money so they are bigger than a lot of the midcard acts still. I just don't see Vince ever saying lets not make them go one on one.

Well the only chance I could've seen it was years ago when LayCool were hot on every show and they needed two women to challenge them, but not now, unless the Bella's blow up over the next year

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like the way you think ... I will be at 30 lol.

But the thing is if you can get Trish and Lita both to work a match, why even involve the other girls? You can make damn good money, good ratings, great story as they have never had a one on one mania encounter, and get great fan reaction out of a one on one encounter and weeks of segments building to it with those two. They once main evented Raw and both had their own merch doing the attitude era, where they were making midcard guy money so they are bigger than a lot of the midcard acts still. I just don't see Vince ever saying lets not make them go one on one.

Well the only chance I could've seen it was years ago when LayCool were hot on every show and they needed two women to challenge them, but not now, unless the Bella's blow up over the next year

No-one wants to see either of those two as a heel, they have to be faces in my opinion so at the very least make them a team and have them challenge the top heel divas pairing at the time. Or they could try to get some other big name former divas back like Mickie James, Beth Phoenix and Michelle McCool. Obviously depends on if they are working for other companies or if they are interested but a strong team like that would work.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I agree with them not being heel, but who says a one off Mania match between them needs a heel? They could just as easily induct Lita into the HOF next year and do the million dollar question, who was truly better, respect story between them. Let the fans cheer who they want, and it would be a first, first one on oen match between them at mania, and first time neither girl played heel in the story.

I mean I have no problem with them looking to past divas. To me that's the smart way to go anyhow if they're planning on bringing a network about. They will need an all divas show eventually for it, and the fact is a lot of the older girls just know the business better in and out the ring.

What I don't get though is how they felt Maria would be taken well by the other girls. She's pretty, young, has the looks, can talk, and all but she basically ripped the other divas from her crop and the new ones not for their character or ring work but as people. She was Sable/Sunny esque

AF.

Reaction score
Did WWE nix nearly everything they had planned? Seems like it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea on paper but WWE would probably of screwed it up some how.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It's impossible for me to understand how anyone could get excited about anything WWE plans for a divas match at Mania these days. There hasn't been a good divas match since Wrestlemania 22. Melina v. Ashley at Wrestlemania 23 was watchable at least, but I would hardly call it "good". And after every Wrestlemania divas match, regardless of how decent it looked on paper, everyone always shits on it and calls it a waste of time.

I think WWE should seriously never have a divas match at Wrestlemania until they at least try to take the divas division seriously again, which they couldn't be any further from at this point. I think if you're just going to throw a crap match together to patronize their divas and the few fans they have left knowing full-well they'll only wrestle 5 minutes and it has no chance of being a classic whatsoever, then don't waste our time.

And the only, ONLY reason there have been divas matches at Mania lately is because of Maria Menunos who was popping Mania on her show. That's it. Without her involvement, those matches likely wouldn't have happened. Not even with Trish. Trish is even sloppier in the ring than she used to be because she never wrestles anymore and as HERESY as this may sound to some of her fans, she doesn't really offer WWE anything at this stage of her life because she has no outlet to draw significant attention to Wrestlemania because very few people outside the wrestling bubble keep up with her anymore and every single one of those people are well-aware of Wrestlemania already. It's not like having someone like The Rock or Brock Lesnar who still have large exposure in the cinema and MMA fields.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
People bitch about Divas matches being piss breaks, but when WWE listens and drops them it's too bad? Make up your minds.

Divas division hasn't been shit since 03 and bringing in the Divas who helped kill the division isn't going to help it. Rather have Jazz and Mickie run in, then Kelly Kelly, and Maria.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Diva tag matches are always clusterfucks so wouldn't want to see this anyways let alone the divas they would apparently have in it. Divas division just needs a total overhaul and let the girls who can really go in the ring (and get more girls who can really go in the ring) and just let them have a fair shake to do something decent. Obviously doesn't seem likely though as they seem to be going through some sort of phase out period.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Not the worst idea for a Divas match. Multi-woman tag matches are normally a complete mess but at least this one has some kind of story behind it.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
WWE have the division ass backwards, the actual wrestlers like Nattie are used as valets while the models that are so bad in the ring it causes eye cancer like Kaitlyn are Womens Champ.