Disney's Recycling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

I was never a big movie buff but as a 90's kid, I loved watching a lot of Disney movies from the time and slightly before.

Seeing this, I am surprised but knowing how money-grabbing Disney is today, I really shouldn't be.

Reactions: bullyballmm

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
A lot of companies did this as well especially in Anime. It was a way of saving money and such to make sure the product was released on time.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I find this to be quite.... AWESOME!

Little throwbacks and nods to Disney movies of ages past.. I like it..

If you think about it, every time the narrator said Disney "stole" footage from another film he was completely wrong.

The frames used were reworked, repainted, and then added into the new film. It took time to do that, but it was a lot less time which, of course, was the point.

None of the reworked scenes were significant in the telling of the story of any of the films.. they were mostly thing you'd never give a second thought to.

Brilliant work by Disney.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
If you think about it, every time the narrator said Disney "stole" footage from another film he was completely wrong.
This reminds me of the people who say that Disney stole from Kimba the White Lion, and yet Osamu Tezuka, the author of said Manga and Anime, said that he doesn't see it and even if they did he would feel honored about it as people soon became looking up and either reading or watching Kimba the White Lion.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
This reminds me of when John Fogerty was sued for plagiarizing himself. If you created it, you can reuse or rework it however you choose.

Right but being free from legal consequences doesn't mean you should be immune from criticism. If you lazily reuse your own work you should be criticised - note that I think not all reusing is lazy

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Right but being free from legal consequences doesn't mean you should be immune from criticism. If you lazily reuse your own work you should be criticised - note that I think not all reusing is lazy
Is it lazy or smart? Animation is a labour intensive, expensive medium. Why not save time and money?

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Is it lazy or smart? Animation is a labour intensive, expensive medium. Why not save time and money?

Oh I was just speaking in the more general sense. Obviously recycling to cut down on costs is good as long as doing so doesn't ruin the product

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the gritty reboot where we find out Baloo and Little John are twin brothers who went through some traumatic events. In the end, one went to live the simple life in the jungles in India and the other went to England and became an advocate for the poor.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Just Kevin

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the gritty reboot where we find out Baloo and Little John are twin brothers who went through some traumatic events. In the end, one went to live the simple life in the jungles in India and the other went to England and became an advocate for the poor.
I feel like this belongs on E! not Disney. lol