Did you enjoy RAW this week?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Simple question really, did you enjoy it? Rate it out of 10.

Personally I ddin't thoroughly enjoy it at all, I mean it was better than last week but I think a 2 hour Eric Bischoff segment would of beaten last weeks RAW. I still think this show was too HHH-orientated for my liking. The promo between him and HBK, it was only HBK getting reactions. No one gave a crap about HHH, the stand off between Ryder & Cena got much more reaction which says a lot.

I was pretty pleased with the Cena storyline progression. I'm glad he done what he did with Eve, that got hmi a few boo's and will definitely help the slow-burn heel turn which we're all hoping is going to happen (most of us are anyway).

Really dissapointed with the way the big heels on RAW are being treated, Ziggler & Miz (arguably THE top two heels on RAW) both had jobber entrances, which means they didn't enter on TV basically. Already in the ring waiting, both of them squashed in under 3 minute matches, especially Ziggler. Jericho's character hasn't changed at all from his last character if I'm honest. I was excited for the new gimmick and all, but once again WWE find a way to ruin things, and he's basically back to his suit gimmick and nothing extraordinary is going to happen at all. Though i still feel he's winning EC.

Rating: 5/10

The longest match of the night was a SmackDown match. Fitting.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
-God gets 20 minutes of TV time. Two young heels with loads of potential get jobber entrances and get beat in less than 6 minutes combined, one of them would feel like a legitimate threat to win the chamber match if he hadn't have lost to a comedy relief character in 2 minutes. The only person who got a push on this show was Kofi, who only needs to be rebuilt because simply looking the tag belts is enough to bury you.

-Only 8 people on the Raw roster are getting any sort of TV time on the show.

-This Cena/Kane feud remains unintentionally hilarious. Ryder getting legitimately injured during this mess is almost a microcosm of this whole feud.

-The most entertaining thing about the show was R-Truth talking about spider soup. Yeah.

-This show has done nothing but piss me off ever since Rey Mysterio lost the belt to Cena, proving that all the change that seemed to be going on was all for naught. After reading the spoilers for Smackdown (first time I read spoilers, that show's been unwatchable for the past month so I don't mind not watching it) I really wonder why i'm still a wrestling fan... You know what? Screw it. Screw this company. I'll see you guys in the TNA section.

Tombstone Piledriver

The Artiste
Reaction score
Im also angry about what's happening with Jericho. THey simply had to wait with his return. U cannot have 3 big things going on at once, Cena, HHH/Taker and Jericho/Punk is too much

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Draine said:
-This show has done nothing but piss me off ever since Rey Mysterio lost the belt to Cena, proving that all the change that seemed to be going on was all for naught.

You mean CM Punk's title win did nothing for you? Cena is nowhere near the belt

Tombstone Piledriver said:
Im also angry about what's happening with Jericho. THey simply had to wait with his return. U cannot have 3 big things going on at once, Cena, HHH/Taker and Jericho/Punk is too much

It's WrestleMania time and all the stars are out except for Austin... and you still don't like it?

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Crayo said:
CM Punk's reign meant everything at first, then WWE placed him in the "championship mold" Now he's just unfunny and boring.

There's no getting around this... which was why I enjoyed Benoit's run so much

Benoit was so limited on the mic, WWE was forced to have him wrestle

Forcing Benoit to wrestle on TV is like asking Paris Hilton to go belly up while doing a crab walk completely nude

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
RAW was terrible IMHO.
Too many shitty videos about Cena/Rock, boring matches and too many segments.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I liked raw when I started watching it from the last hour or else the main event sucked. Miz proved to everybody how his mic work saves him. He botched the bulldog and this other move.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It was okay. The Cena/Ryder/Eve stuff was unintentional comedy gold. God/HBK was a pretty good promo. Miz sucking balls in the debate was classic

oh and the crowd was good even though some of you on here think otherwise

overall about a 5/10.. because there was a ton of horrible shit going down as well

Snowman1

Reaction score
JC4Life37 said:
You mean CM Punk's title win did nothing for you? Cena is nowhere near the belt At the time, they were being different. Giving us amazing, unpredictable television, between the CM Punk shoot and the surprise firing of Triple H, it really felt like WWE was heading into a different era. This killed all that momentum, and by the time he won the belt, Punk was exposed as being a rebel without a cause (need more than ice cream bars), even teaming with the corporate boss to face a couple of midcarders, and felt like yet another WWE babyface except with more talent. He tried to restart the character with his feud with Ace, but the feud really wasn't about anything. I'm excited that Punk is getting a chance to hang on to the belt for as long as he has.

It's WrestleMania time and all the stars are out except for Austin... and you still don't like it? It's a shame that WWE even has to resort to has-beens to sell 'Mania, and they can't create new stars of their own. They have an appalling lack of star power throughout the entire roster, and they need to try to make stars out of who they have and create some guys who we can get excited about when Wrestlemania 38 (or even Extreme Rules) comes around. It's really frustrating that the "sport" we love so much is hamstrung by a creative team that's incapable of doing such a thing. We all can get excited about talented guys like Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes, but they are hardly stars at this point.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score

Draine,

I can respect that. I see nothing wrong with your view

Snowman1

Reaction score
JC4Life37 said:
Draine,

I can respect that. I see nothing wrong with your view

You're just a more optimistic wrestling fan, who's still embracing the positives of the current product. I envy you.