Did The Million Dollar Man work as a manager?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Without doubt one of the best heels of the 1980s and early 90s. But when Dibiase had to retire from the ring and go into management it just never seem to work as well as before even though it was basically the same character. One of the reasons for me was because it is much easier to be cocky and flaunt your money in peoples' faces when you are able to lace the boots up and bully guys in the ring. Also, maybe at that time the character had just run its course?

And they seem to put him with the wrong guys at times. The Steve Austin pairing never worked because the gimmick became too much about Dibiase. And he himself admitted that he never should have been put with the Steiners in WCW.

Thoughts?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He was an 80s character in 90s, it was out of touch and out and dated. A stable of wrestlers with one manager was over, the Heenan family days were over. Most of the 80s managers were having trouble being effective anymore, Camp Cornette was the drizzling shits, Dungeon of Doom damn near killed Jimmy Harts legacy. Just bad timing. If there was a Million Dollar Corpoartion during Hogans reign, it would've been money.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He was an 80s character in 90s, it was out of touch and out and dated. A stable of wrestlers with one manager was over, the Heenan family days were over. Most of the 80s managers were having trouble being effective anymore, Camp Cornette was the drizzling shits, Dungeon of Doom damn near killed Jimmy Harts legacy. Just bad timing. If there was a Million Dollar Corpoartion during Hogans reign, it would've been money.

I think The Dangerous Alliance was the only one manager stable that really worked in the 90s, but that was early still.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think The Dangerous Alliance was the only one manager stable that really worked in the 90s, but that was early still.[/

I still think stables can work even today. Its one of those basic things in wrestling where if you have the right talent, push and give them a good enough mouth piece then it still works. I actually thought Camp Cornette worked very well. Watch the promos from back then Cornette got some great heat, and then they just left Yoko to play the big bully and add the punchline.

Been re-watching some of Dibiase's work as a manger and actually I quite like it, its just that his stable didn't suit him very well.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He was one of the worst managers of all time tbh. The whole point of having a manager in the first place is to make the wrestler look "better". Whereas DiBiase did practically the opposite, clinging to interesting wrestlers to stay relevant for a few more years. Even joined the nWo despite apparently having such a huuuuuuge problem with the Kliq as he's stated countless times. He sure as fuck didn't have a problem riding that nWo train along side them though. He was as useless as that Million Dollar Championship he created.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sid needed him to pick up the pieces after trying to get a retake during a live PPV.