Did Josh Koscheck End Up With A Fight He Didn't Want?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight bad boy Josh Koscheck, among other things, is known for stepping up and fighting anyone the promotion asks him to.

So why did he try to "wiggle out of" a proposed match-up at UFC 143?

According to Mike Pierce, who will challenge the former 170-pound number one contender, Koscheck "has a lot to lose" when they hook 'em up on Feb. 4, 2012, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Pierce was a last-minute fill-in for Carlos Condit, who was promoted to headliner when Georges St. Pierre blew out his knee and left Nick Diaz without a date to the big dance.

And when the UFC came calling, Pierce tells Sherdog Radio Network’s "Savage Dog Show" that Koscheck almost didn't answer.

"From a lot of people's perspectives, this isn't a fight that he necessarily wanted. In a lot of people's eyes, he has a lot to lose in this, and I understand that. For him to take the fight is a good thing for me and I appreciate it, but I don't think this is one that he was looking forward to taking. We kind of know what his style is. There's no secrets with me. Everybody knows basically what my fighting style is. I like to go forward and press the action. I don't think there's going to be any secrets to divulge here. ... I think we're going to see a little bit of everything from him and likewise with me. I'm not sure if it's going to be a wrestling match because that could get kind of boring, and there's not really a lot of action going on there to kind of show who's the decisive winner. I'm going to come out there, press the action, get in his face and keep it that way for three rounds if necessary. I'm definitely looking to TKO him."
Pierce is 5-2 inside the Octagon, with two close decision losses to Johny Hendricks and Jon Fitch. He's a dangerous and rugged opponent who hasn't been finished in 17 professional fights.

Koscheck is also 5-2 over his last seven but has big game experience and the American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) squad at his disposal.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yeah, he called out Bonnar and wanted him.