Did anyone of you remembered when Rikishi had a clean pin victory over Batista in mid-2002 on SD!?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score

I'll admit, I'm kinda shocked since Batista has always been built-up by bookers and writers as a monster while Rikishi has always been stuck as either a jobber or Midcarder nearly his whole WWE career(winning one Intercontinental Title only once, with very short runs). However, at the same time I'm not surprised since Batista was just barely about to break into the lower-midcard status right after breaking up with D-Von Dudley as his enforcer, at the time. All before he went to Raw and joined Triple H, Ric Flair and Randy Orton and formed up the Evolution stable.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I had already stopped watching wrestling at this point and didn't start again till 2009 so I missed out on a lot of moments like this but from what I do know about Batista's run on the WWE... This is a surprise.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Lol @ when Batista used to rock that box and chain around his neck and collect donations for "Reverend D-von"

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I also recall when the hurricane beat the rock. Who gives a shit. Everyone has jobbed oddly to someone else at some point.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I also recall when the hurricane beat the rock. Who gives a shit. Everyone has jobbed oddly to someone else at some point.

Rikishi was pushed pretty big back in the day and way over with the crowd. This is when Batista was a nobody.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Rikishi was pushed pretty big back in the day and way over with the crowd. This is when Batista was a nobody.
I know that. I'm just saying that even in your prime and at the top of the mountain, you can Job to a sucker for the sake of story or whatever. Orton as champion with the authority jobbed like 2 times to kofi for no real reason I recall.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
I suppose you do have a point. I mean, The Undertaker once decided to job to Vladimir Kozlov cleanly after all so I guess I shouldn't be surprised at all of Batista jobbing to someone like Rikishi, especially since he still wasn't even in the mid-card level yet at the time.

Reactions: edge4ever