Deuce's Survivor Series 2011 Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deuce

Reaction score
Deuce's WWE Survivor Series Review​

Match #1- Dolph Ziggler vs John Morrison for the United States Championship

7j_display_image.jpg

I didn't really enjoy this match, I was hoping to see Zack Ryder involved in the match more. I wasn't the only one that wanted Ryder in the match, just listen to the crowd during the match! The match was decent but I just didn't want this match to happen, I wanted Zack Ryder vs Dolph Ziggler for the United States championship. I knew Dolph Ziggler was gonna retain against Morrison, Morrison has been on a losing streak so he shouldn't have even gotten this match. I was glad to see Ryder come in and beat up Ziggler, can't wait to see if he gets his title shot. I kinda felt bad for Morrison though, he went to wrestle in front of a crowd that didn't want to watch him.... they wanted Ryder.​

Deuce's Rating- 2.5/5

Match #2- Beth Phoenix vs Eve in a Lumberjill match for the Divas championship​

Beth-Phoenix-Vs-Eve-Torres-in-Survivor-series.jpg

This was one of the best Divas matches I have seen in a long time, the action throughout the match was incredible. They didn't use the Lumberjills as much throughout the match but that didn't matter to me, they had a great match. I liked Eve's ghetto booty shake, that was amazing. I always thought Beth was gonna retain but Eve almost proved me wrong, she had a great match and I give her credit for taking that GlamSlam from the top turnbuckle. That was definitely the highlight of the match, overall great match. Eve has been one of my favorite Divas ever since she joined and this was one demonstration why I like her. She can put on a great match and can look good while doing it.​

Rating- 3.5/5

Match #3- Team Barrett vs Team Orton in a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match

Team-Randy-Orton-vs-Team-Wade-Barrett_original.jpg

I gotta say, I was kinda disappointed with this match. It went by a little too fast, people were going for this finishers right at the start. Sin Cara failed his suicide dive and is now injured for over 6 months, sad to hear. I didn't like how Sheamus got DQ'ed, that was definitely one of the worst parts in the match. I was glad to see they didn't match Orton go invincible and eliminate the rest of Team Barrett, I hate it when that happens. I didn't really enjoy this match but I can't wait to see the feud between Orton and Barrett. I don't think Swagger got much match time which disappointed me a little but I liked Cody Rhodes in the match, he was very impressive.​

Rating- 3/5

Match #4- Mark Henry vs Big Show for the World Heavyweight championship​

World-Heavyweight-Champion-Mark-Henry-vs.-Big-Show1.jpg

This was a typical big man match but I was suprised see there was a pop for Henry and a very little pop for Show. I swear I heard a Mark Henry chant early in the match, I liked the match though. I think it was a smart decision on Henry's behalf to kick Show in the groin getting himself DQ'ed, he tried almost everything to take Big Show out but nothing was working. After the match, Henry tried to break Show's ankle again but Show broke Henry's ankle instead. I thought that was pretty interesting and the WMD looked painful.​

Rating- 3/5

Match #5- Alberto Del Rio vs CM Punk for the WWE championship​

WWE-Champion-Alberto-Del-Rio-vs.-CM-Punk.jpg

This match was my favorite of the night, it was epic. I was suprised to see CM Punk get out of the Cross Armbreaker but was happy to see it happen at the same time. CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio both took alot of punishment and it was a great match. I loved how Howard Finkel was the ring announcer for Punk, it was basically mocking Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez. One of the best parts of the match was when CM Punk booted Del Rio in the face, it looked painful. I was suprised when CM Punk locked in the Anaconda Vice after the failed pin attempt, was so happy to see CM Punk become the new WWE champion. He interacted with the fans after and that was great, can't wait to see the rematch between these two.​

Rating- 4.5/5

Main Event- John Cena and The Rock vs Awesome Truth​

20111027.jpg

I thought this match was decent compared to the WWE championship match, Cena took a huge beating in the match and The Rock looked unstoppable even after a beatdown from R-Truth on the outside of the ring. The fans kept booing Cena and i thought he deserved more respect than that, I'm not a huge fan of his but he is a great entertainer. I laughed when Miz asked to wrestle Cena instead of Rock and when Rock looked like he was gonna backhand the referee, those were awesome parts. I thought the ending was pretty good, I liked how Cena saved Rock from a beatdown from Truth, great teamwork. I didn't like how Rocky rubbed his popularity in Cena's face though and then ended up Rock Bottoming Cena, Cena saved his ass and that was what he got in return.... not cool.​

Rating- 4

Overall PPV Rating- 4/5​

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Gonna assume you meant 3.5/5 for the diva match instead of out of 10, lol. Wouldn't rate it that high but it was one of the better diva matches in a while which is in part because the match was good and in part because other diva matches either weren't good or didn't have the chance to be good. Also think Punk/ADR got rated much too high as while it was a pretty good match it wasn't that amazing. Also don't think the opener got as much due from you as it should have cause if you looked past the crowd chants the match was actually good.

Deuce

Reaction score
Nice review! Hope to see more from you.

Thanks, will be doing plenty of reviews.

Gonna assume you meant 3.5/5 for the diva match instead of out of 10, lol. Wouldn't rate it that high but it was one of the better diva matches in a while which is in part because the match was good and in part because other diva matches either weren't good or didn't have the chance to be good. Also think Punk/ADR got rated much too high as while it was a pretty good match it wasn't that amazing. Also don't think the opener got as much due from you as it should have cause if you looked past the crowd chants the match was actually good.

Thanks for commenting and I edited that mistake. I didn't like the opener very much and I really enjoyed Punk and ADR, different opinions i guess.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I really enjoyed Punk/ADR as well just don't think it is as good as you rated it is all.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I think that the best was Punk vs ADR match.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With the Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team match it was quick early on and I have to wonder what the role of Sin Cara was meant to be. He may have been booked to last until near the end with Orton or he may still have been eliminated early but it would be nice to know if the match was planned differently.

I think that both world title matches were really good. Show and Henry delivered again and I have been plesantly surprised at how excellent their matches have been considering the size and age of both of them. Punk winning was a nice moment and add to that The Rock returning to the ring and it makes for two huge moments on the PPV.

I liked the review and hope to read more of yours.

Deuce

Reaction score
Thanks Troy and I plan on writing many more.