Debator's Tournament?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

First ROH Viewing (spoilers)

I was a little unsure weather or not i should attend the show. I knew it would be good wrestling, but then again, i wasn't real familar with the talent. I knew a few guys that on the card like Daniels, Homicide, Colt Cabana, and Chris Hero. The others i've mostly seen recognized their names. Although it was the Supercard of Honor II, and it was a wrestling weekend so i figured i would check it out. I was even so unsure i PM'd Soulpower asking if Colt would be in action, and if it would be a good show, considering Danielson wanst wrestling, and the matchups they announced were average.

We got there a little early so we had to stand out in cold, not knowing if we could get tickets or not. Lucky enough as they were hoarding us in, we got one free ticket, then purchased a second for 25$. The buliding was real simiple, with a fire'd up crowd. About 8 rows of seats , with bleachers about 4 rows high behind. ( where i was) The prematch started about 1 hour before the show and were pretty short.

The show starts off with a great Briscoe/ Daniels promo. I never seen anything i liked from daniels in tna, but yet he was Great on the mic as a heel and had a great match. This match almost had a main event feel to it. Delirious & Jay Briscoe defeat Christopher Daniels and Matt Sydal when Delirious pinned Sydal. They kept going and put on one hell of amatch, and i didnt think the rest show could live up to it.

Next up was a claudio Castangnoli vs Yamato. Short and sweet .good match.

Do or Die Match: Erick Stevens DESTROYS Mitch Franklin. This was over in no time.

Then it was time for Chris Hero and his Crew. Another Great Promo with him , fairplay and Sweeney. Those guys got mad heat. McGuinness came out and the two had another great match, with hero losing. (damn) I wasnt too impressive with Nigel, but still a great match.

Jack Evans & Naruki Doi defeat Davey Richards & Rocky Romero when Jack hit the 630. INsane match. Jack evans is awesome Live. The No Remorse guys played great heels. Another Match of the night possibility.

Homicide defeats Brent Albright via DQ when Pearce interferes 2 minutes in. Colt Cabana is out .... Tag Match. I didnt recognize Albright at all, Opps. This match was awesome. I got to see Colt right next to me as he threw pearce into a sea of empty chairs whiping out almost a whole section. It was a mess. Another great match.

Then a intermission. I was kinda like wtf, but whatever, the cage had to be set up

Jimmie Jacobs vs BJ Witmore. Sweet match, more for a hardcore fan. Good amount of blood, as these guys delivered.

Roddick strong vs Austin Aires. Good solid match for the FIP championship. Surprisngly the crowd was least into this match, Great ending and moves by Roddick.

The Main Event
CIMA, Shingo & Susumu Yokosuka defeat Dragon Kid, Ryo Saito & Masaaki Mochizuki. Wow, i never seen anything like this.

All in all this show was a 20/10. Best show i've ever seen. Blows bound for glory out the water! Every aspect of the show was amazing, as they told a story wth the show. The wrestlers delivered. The place was hype. I now know what ROH is about and now a big fan. Its a must see, if you have the chance.

Another thing i liked about the ROH show, besides the 2$ Beers and Hot Dogs, was the fact they didnt need Gimmick Matches, nor Hardcore, or Divas to get over. They played to the crowd, which is most important in wrestling. There was only one Gimmick/Hardcore match, and really was just Icing on the cake. I felt i got my money's worth with all the action before the break. On top of that there was the Cage, FIP, and dragongate matches. The Dvd is a must.

Soulpower

Sounds like a great show.. And to be honest the only reason there was a gimmick match was because Jacobs and Whitmer had been feuding for a while... Usually a cage match is the blow-off to a feud in ROH.

And 2$ beers? Damn, that sounds great.

Rell

Reaction score
You lost your ROH virginity, good for you....I been trying to tell people that ROH is the best wrestling promotion for WRESTLING fans.

King of All Blacks

Reaction score
If you have limewire you should download a lot of the old matches with Low Ki and Samoa Joe. Sounds like you had a good time I'll definetly pick up the show when it comes out.

Rell

Reaction score
^ Low-Ki vs Joe was actually the first ROH match I ever saw, That match was stiff as hell

Montana

I see theres a lot of matches in the media section, even though i perfer their whole shows. I can't believe i waited so long to watch. Mainly bc i think i thought it was like TNA. I seen Joe and Kenta. That was rough.

The Austin Starr

Reaction score
i'll agree supercard of honor II was awesome, easily may favorite show live, it had something for everyone, a great hardcore cage blowoff match, a great aries/stong match that told a fun story about how two partners know each other's big moves and can counter them, and a great dragon gate match that was incredible live

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys are interested in doing a debator's tournament for wrestling. I could set it up and maybe one of the admins can set us up a section in the interactive area. Basically, I will assign a topic to each debator's match and you have so long to debate and we have a poll where people can vote on who was the better debator. The winner moves on and the loser will go in the loser's bracket, so I can make it double elimination.

Anyone interested, sign up below.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So basically a debate league. Would love to see this take off and I would take part in it.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I wouldn't do too well i'd imagine but i'd participate. These things are always fun.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
It is basically a debate league but only temporary for right now for a tournament just to see how things go. Can you set me up a debator's tournament section, PHX?

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Oh yeah and I'm in too. Me running things will not effect the outcome because the people who aren't involved in the round are voting.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler