Dean Ambrose appreciation thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Not too sure if it's been done yet, but here it is.

So, I've been back and forth with Dean since I've returned to wwe last year and was introduced to almost and entire new roster from when I left.

Didn't mind him at first. Ya know after seeing him get power bombed through a ladder at WM31 from Luke Harper and all, he seemed pretty cool.
But they weren't doing much for him through that time. He seemed to be on the lower end of the totem pole so I kind of forgot about him.

Then through the beginning of this year he was in the hunt for the wwe title and became really relevant which put eyes back on him. And since then he's been at the forefront of the title.
Although, attending roadblock and seeing HHH beat him was pretty awesome for me.(Nostalgia)

Lately I've been on the fence about him again. Sometimes I felt like his gimmick was too forced or something.

But then:
I saw a random comment on a random fb post and it said go look at Jon moxley, that used to be dean ambrose.

That made me look at him in a new light.
I did not know he did that hardcore style before.

Hell I haven't even been back watching since long after the shield split up, so I didn't get to experience that. I know it's a special thing because I have seen the odd clip about them. But that reunion at survivor series still felt cool. I knew that was a special moment for mostly every one in that building.

Anyway back to the original topic; I totally look at dean with so much more respect today.
If he was around 15-20 years ago, he might not be alive today....
So much respect for that guy. He's done some crazy shit just from the few videos I've seen.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Ambrose has had a shit year. I'm so ready for his feud with AJ Styles to finally end, it's gotten so old and stale. Hopefully he feuds with The Undertaker next and they turn him full heel. If not then give him and Ellsworth a run for the tag titles

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Atleast he's been world champion this year.

Really all I was saying is I've seen his past work now and I respect him as a wrestler alot more than I did yesterday even.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Atleast he's been world champion this year.

Really all I was saying is I've seen his past work now and I respect him as a wrestler alot more than I did yesterday even.

Not sure about shit year....... but I also had more respect after listening to him on Austin's podcast about how he grew up & how he is in real life. He takes his own way even if others in the business don't agree. Really respected the way he didn't fear losing the belt & called Lesnar out on his BS anyway.

I Wouldn't mind him feuding with The Undertaker but not everybody has to for the love of god.... After seeing tonight's episode of SDL I can just see Shane & he getting into it.

Be a good pair to go against each other, I don't think Dean would go easy on him & Vica-Versa. I can see them taking the sticks & trash cans to each other & doing everything to put the other guy away with the whole point being just to prove who the tougher guy is.

Would be a great feud to start building now and culminating at Mania 33.... Dean Vs Shane - Hardcore Match

**Shane announces he's bringing back the Hardcore Title because he misses it & he's putting it on the line at WM33.
....K maybe not that last part but I can dream

:shane2: VS :ambrose4:

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Ambrose has had a shit year. I'm so ready for his feud with AJ Styles to finally end, it's gotten so old and stale. Hopefully he feuds with The Undertaker next and they turn him full heel. If not then give him and Ellsworth a run for the tag titles
Not sure how main eventing multiple PPVs, winning the Money in the Bank, winning the WWE World Title, becoming one of the premier stars on a brand, and feuding with the biggest stars in the world equates to a "shit year".

I think he's had a fantastic year, and for the most part, I've grown to really respect him. Especially after I heard about the kind of schedule he was running as champion. Not to mention his great matches/angles with Styles and Ellsworth.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Not sure how main eventing multiple PPVs, winning the Money in the Bank, winning the WWE World Title, becoming one of the premier stars on a brand, and feuding with the biggest stars in the world equates to a "shit year".

I think he's had a fantastic year, and for the most part, I've grown to really respect him. Especially after I heard about the kind of schedule he was running as champion. Not to mention his great matches/angles with Styles and Ellsworth.

Just because ur in the main event and get a push doesn't mean u have a great year. His character has gotten super stale and corny. Most of his matches and feuds have been lackluster. He has a few good moments; survivor series Sheild reunion, cash in for the title, and him almost winning the Royal Rumble. I liked his match with Lesnar and Reigns. But the Sheild triple threat was lame. So were his matches with Lesnar and Ziggler. His title run was super weak. It really didn't feel right with him holding the belt. AJ Styles title run already feels much better than Ambroses. Trust me, it will be a loooong time before they give Dean another world championship run. Even on Stone Colds podcast he was a air head, didn't know wtf he wanted to say or talk about. I have respect for him, he's now the WWE work horse. But I think he character excitement and interest has faded dramatically over this year

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Just because ur in the main event and get a push doesn't mean u have a great year. His character has gotten super stale and corny. Most of his matches and feuds have been lackluster. He has a few good moments; survivor series Sheild reunion, cash in for the title, and him almost winning the Royal Rumble. I liked his match with Lesnar and Reigns. But the Sheild triple threat was lame. So were his matches with Lesnar and Ziggler. His title run was super weak. It really didn't feel right with him holding the belt. AJ Styles title run already feels much better than Ambroses. Trust me, it will be a loooong time before they give Dean another world championship run. Even on Stone Colds podcast he was a air head, didn't know wtf he wanted to say or talk about. I have respect for him, he's now the WWE work horse. But I think he character excitement and interest has faded dramatically over this year

I find him more likable now than before... his match with Lesnar was crap & even he said so. Lesnar was too lazy to try any ideas and just wanted a usual back an forth.

I don't find he was an airhead at all on the podcast, he just doesn't conform to the "proper" way of presenting yourself and that's his whole gig, even though it's not just a character. He wasn't afraid to hold back or get anybody in hot water for their BS even though he could have lost his title for it, and most likely did. I prefer a guy who's going to speak their mind & not be robots just being spit out one after another.

What they need to do is get rid of the crappy scripts for him all together and just let him do his thing....

Then again, they should do that for everybody and if they can't hang they can go the fck home because they don't belong there.

Last edited: