DDP interview, comments on Slater and HOF and more.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
DDP did an interview on Busted Open, a wrestling and MMA radio show that airs on Sirius92 every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. At the interview he talked HOF, Heath Slater, fan reaction at RAW and more.

About Heath he said.
“He took an awesome Diamond Cutter. He’s a guy who grew up watching me and loving the business. He told me he loves what he’s doing right now, and it’s a great attention getter for him. People went from really hating him, to now you find people writing some really good comments about him too, and he’ll grow with his character. He’s got awesome time on primetime TV.”

About the reaction at RAW he said.
“I’ll tell you, more than anything, it sort of made me say, ‘Wow.’ It set me back a second, you know? I always hear DDP chants when I do these independent things but that building, I don’t think I ever wrestled there. If I did, I don’t remember because it was just a blur at that point when we were going everywhere, but I don’t remember ever coming to Laredo.
“You’d think I grew up there with the way the people were chanting. I knew they didn’t have a big segment for me to come out there and do this, and just to hit someone with the Diamond Cutter again and to hear the explosion – those DDP chants were so loud, I had to look back like seriously? Wow. I must have done something right 10-plus years ago, because I haven’t been on TV in over 10 years.”

About the possibility of being inducted in the HOF next year.
“No, you know, I never would hope for that because then you never get it. If something like that comes up, that would be awesome. The reaction I would get there would be insane. That’s my home area; I really did grow up there. When it happens, it happens. I’ve said a bunch of times, and some of these jerks on the Internet will take what I say and take what I say out of context so I’m going say this really clearly for anyone who’s listening: Until Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage is in there, until Jake Roberts is in there, I can wait. Because those two were two of the greatest of all time, and I consider myself to be pretty good within my era, but those are two guys that I was a mark for.”

You can read more here

Such a fucking boss he is that DDP fellow.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:yay: DDP is such a badass dude. I'm glad I grew up with him :boss1: