Dax Harwood talks Young Bucks match, Punk vs The Elite potential

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
02-young-bucks-vs-the-hardys_2023_08_09_-aew_dynamite_0026.webp

FTR is hopeful that CMFTR vs. The Elite will happen eventually.

Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood vs. The Young Bucks III will take place later this month in London's Wembley Stadium. However, the AEW tag champions recently told DAZN that they believe the more time passes, the more likely it is that they will be able to team with CM Punk to face the Bucks and other members of The Elite.

"I think if the cards fall in the right place and, you know, the story is right and the opportunity calls for it then hell yeah, you can do it," Harwood said about a potential CMFTR vs. Elite match.

"I think wrestling is all about making the most money for yourselves and for the company you work for and I think that everybody here all agrees with that and the more time passes, the more likely I think it is that we can get to there. But you never really know, and I don't want to say 'yes' but I hope so."

CMFTR will challenge The House of Black for the Trios titles on Saturday's edition of Collision from the Greensboro Coliseum. It will be the third time Wheeler and Harwood have teamed with Punk since he returned.

"I think that Punk is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time," Harwood continued. "Look at his track record, his resume, and the things he's done in wrestling especially when, you know, the business, at one point, was completely against him and what he represented."

Following Saturday's match for the Trios belts, FTR will be looking ahead to All In later this month. They will defend the AEW Tag Team titles against the Young Bucks in what Harwood says could be the biggest match of their careers.

"I think it has the potential to be the biggest match of Cash and I's career," Harwood said. "Before we even came to AEW, all you heard about was FTR versus Young Bucks. Or, excuse me, The Revival versus the Young Bucks, what would happen if those two teams got in the ring?"

The Young Bucks vs. FTR head-to-head series is tied 1-1. The Bucks beat FTR for the tag titles at Full Gear 2020 but FTR avenged the loss on an episode of Dynamite in April 2022. The rubber match is now scheduled to take place in front of 80,000 people in London.

"It always felt like it needed the biggest platform possible and now, after all this time, we finally get it," Wheeler said. "It really is the biggest platform possible.

"Wembley could be, and probably will be, the biggest, highest-attended wrestling event in history. And what better way to have what could be the biggest tag team match of a generation than right there?" Wheeler continued.

Harwood continued to talk about the "underlying tension" between FTR and the Young Bucks.

"I feel that there's some underlying tension between the two teams, not saying that we dislike each other, but there's some underlying tension," Harwood said. "We honestly think we're the best tag team of the generation, and could be the best tag team of all time, and I think they feel the same way about themselves."