Dax Harwood says "nothing has changed" regarding AEW contract status

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Dax Harwood says nothing has changed between FTR and AEW.

Harwood's tag team with Cash Wheeler returned to AEW for the first time since December at Revolution on Sunday. They attacked The Gunns following the four-way tag team title match on the show.

FTR's return does not mean they have re-signed with AEW, however. Harwood noted on an episode of his podcast released Wednesday that, as of that recording, FTR still have just one month and 18 days left on their contracts.

Harwood said:

Zero has changed, let's put it that way. We got a call from Tony and this was, maybe, five days before the pay-per-view, maybe, it could have been four days before the pay-per-view. I don't know and I'm just guessing that he either heard a clip, listened to the podcast, or read one of the headlines where I said we were ready to come back, our bodies were healed, we were just waiting for the call and we wanted to do what was right by the business because we are contracted through April.

He continued to speak about what FTR may do when their AEW contracts expire next month.

Our choice right now is strictly on happiness, that's all. The pros of staying in AEW is a great schedule where I can come home and be with my family. The pros of WWE is they are the number one, at least and for the foreseeable future too, they are the number one money-making profession wrestling company in the world and monetarily, they could offer us a great deal too. But WWE, I don't feel like we would have the kind of schedule that we would like. Another pro for AEW is, unless Tony changes his mind come April, we will be able to do independent bookings, great relationship with New Japan where we can go.
Doing New Japan, doing the independents, going out and being able to do comic-cons and things and meeting some of our fans, those are the pros in AEW. WWE, they are on a creative high right now and I think that they could be able to keep that creative high up.

Regarding FTR's relationship with AEW following Revolution, Harwood continued to say that "nothing has changed."

Nothing has changed and please allow everything to play out because come April you will be able to understand what we're doing and where we are going.
AEW is in Sacramento for Dynamite and Rampage tonight. Neither FTR nor the Gunns are currently advertised for the show.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
i-dont-believe-you-ron-burgundy.gif

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I am so over this worked shoot shit.

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
It is so boring to keep doing these works.

Having said that I hope I'm completely wrong and they end up back in WWE where they can be used properly.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
win 3 title across three promotions, are treated better than ever in wwe = treated improperly

shit is fucking wild people think that's the case I'm sorry

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I'm purely looking at AEW compared to WWE.

WWE is also not the same place as when they left which is why I want them to return.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Yeah I really don't get this being used poorly in AEW thing and it's actually one of the reasons why i wouldn't mind FTR disappearing to WWE if Vince comes back to see them actually used poorly again.

They came in and pretty much won the titles straight away, were nearly always protected and rarely lost as a team until right at the end when they were taking time off. Has their booking been perfect? No I have plenty of issues with their booking but to act like they have been treated badly is just false imo

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
AEW booked them to win some of those titles, Bucks refused to win iwgps to put them on FTR instead. they we not treated improperly. that's just people getting worked because their favorites aren't booked as much as they want. they made a shit ton of money, were booked strong as hell and are about to win the titles, again. I'm so tired of this bs narrative

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
also if you think the tag team division is actually booked well in WWE main roster, you are not paying attention. If you ain't part of the bloodline storyline in the tag division, you are absolutely nothing.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Mike Johnson reported they signed for 4-5 years at the end of 2022 fwiw but doesn't seem to be much links to that report I see ppl quoting

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

I guess this

FTR RETURN

By Mike Johnson on 2023-03-05 22:30:00
FTR returned to AEW tonight to set up a new program with AEW Tag Team Champions The Gunns.

As PWInsider.com has reported in the Elite section, the belief was that FTR are locked into long-term deals with AEW and their disappearance and tease of going elsewhere was just a storyline cover.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Dax's reaction when Vince came back pretty much confirmed to me he wasn't going back lol

But I will say if harping on the schedule gets WWE to offer them some kind of TV only contract for big money then....fair play I'd respect it

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I still feel(hope) deep in my heart it's all the groundwork for PUNKFTR fuckaew faction. only because it would make this entire podcast stuff so much less insufferable lol