Dax Hardwood says FTR has been granted a few months off

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtk0nzy1mzmwotg2mzezmjqw.jpg

Dax Harwood has opened up about FTR's future.

Speaking on his FTR with Dax Harwood podcast, the 38-year-old noted that he and Cash Wheeler have asked AEW for and been granted the next few months off of television. The time off could potentially extend up until their contracts with the promotion expire in April.

Harwood said:

We have asked and been granted the next few months off of television so we can sit back, reflect, decide, let our bodies heal, and figure out what we are going to do for the next few years because whatever we decide to do next will be the absolute last thing we do, period, as far as wrestling.
I don't see myself in five years going on the independents and wrestling independents. I don't see myself working in five years a Japan tour or a Mexico tour or traveling around the world and wrestling all over places. That's why these next few months are the most important few months for us.
By April, at least, at most, we will have an answer. But now again, I have to take in my health, I have to take in my family, I have to take in my creativity, and I have to take my personal life all into consideration about what we are going to do next. I know what I want to do but whatever we do, I just want to be respected. We, I feel, have done something so special in 2022 and most of that is in part to the fans. I think we deserve to continue to build on our legacy for ourselves but also we owe it to the fans to build on that legacy because they made us this past year. So, that's my news, is we are going to be away for a little while. I'm not sure exactly how long we'll be away. It may be all the way up until the end of our contract.

He would then confirm that FTR's contracts with AEW expire in April.

Perhaps in reference to Vince McMahon's return to WWE, Harwood was then asked if "recent news" will have an impact on what wrestling promotion FTR signs with later this year.

Harwood responded:

I would be lying to you if I said no it doesn't at all, but, of course, it does.
But if I feel like we aren't being respected the way I think we should - and that's going to come off arrogant and egotistical - I mean as entities as far as characters and what we've done and what we've accomplished and who we are, but also as human beings. I will not hesitate to explore other options. Whether those options are taking a year off and doing things we love, that could be it, or whether those options are being presented to me in other forms, there's a lot of things I have to weigh.

He also said that he and Wheeler are looking at locations for a possible wrestling school, real estate ventures, and potentially opening a coffee shop.

Earlier in the show, Harwood was asked about the reaction to comments he made on a previous podcast regarding CM Punk and The Elite. He had suggested that Punk and The Elite work out their differences for the betterment of AEW and this led to reports that some people in AEW were not happy with what he said.

Harwood responded:

I can give you 100% god's honest truth, [Punk] has never told me to say anything. He's never expressed to me that he wants me to paint a certain narrative about him. I can also tell you, god's honest truth, that he told me, he said, 'I haven't even listened to your podcast.'
Guys, he's a beautiful human being. The Young Bucks are beautiful human beings, okay? All of them are. All I was trying to do was make things right, that's all. That's the only thing I was trying to do. Maybe I went too far or maybe it's not for me to make right but in the moment as a human being who has a heart, who loves wrestling, I tried to make things right and that was all.
If I was wrong for that, and if I upset those guys or even if I upset Punk, I sincerely apologize. If I upset my office, I sincerely apologize. If I upset anybody else who let Dave Meltzer know that the locker room is upset with me, if I upset that person, I sincerely apologize, that was not my goal. My goal was to make AEW better, that's all.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
If I upset anybody else who let Dave Meltzer know that the locker room is upset with me, if I upset that person Chris Jericho, I sincerely apologize, that was not my goal.

- ftfy

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
They’ve more than earned the time off after the year they had.

I had real low expectations when they signed with AEW and they first half of their run was pretty much exactly what I thought it was going to be.

But them boys got themselves over and forced TK to take notice.

Whatever they decide to do moving forward, I know it’ll be one hell of a last run.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If I upset anybody else who let Dave Meltzer know that the locker room is upset with me, if I upset that person Chris Jericho, I sincerely apologize, that was not my goal.

- ftfy

Why does Jericho have to make it so obvious when he talks to Meltzer lol

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Also, guess FTR took their ball and went home

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Don't know them personally but whenever they seem to have OOC interviews and such FTR seem like good people. They've put their body through a lot of shit in the past two years with traveling and wrestling all over the world for us fans to watch. They deserve the time off, they deserve whatever money comes after this current contract and they deserve to be given a spotlight wherever they happen to land after the time off.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I do hope by "time off TV" it means they'd consider doing some random indies in the meantime since that's something Dax said they wanted to do this year

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also yeah man what a 2022 they had, probably 4 of my top 10 matches were FTR tag matches (3 against the briscoes so credit there too)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
prob could use some rest after breaking his ass

Reactions: Chris

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I tried listening to this podcast this morning but God, Matt Koon is the worst. All the questions feel like he has to connect it to a drama of some sort so he can get a clip out of it.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I tried listening to this podcast this morning but God, Matt Koon is the worst. All the questions feel like he has to connect it to a drama of some sort so he can get a clip out of it.
Ummm...excuse yourself. That's called wrestling journalism.

• Haha
Reactions: Alexa

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Ummm...excuse yourself. That's called wrestling journalism.
Dax was literally talking about he cried in the Tokyo Dome because of what it meant for his journey and stuff meanwhile Matt Koon “But DID YOU MEET MERCEDES MONE??”

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Dax was literally talking about he cried in the Tokyo Dome because of what it meant for his journey and stuff meanwhile Matt Koon “But DID YOU MEET MERCEDES MONE??”
I mean...weren't there pictures that night with FTR, Bayley and Mercedes? He has to be playing a buffoon character.