Dave Herman Says UFC 136 Removal Due to Failed Drug Test

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
09_herman_vs_einemo_003_large.jpg
Word came yesterday that the UFC 136 heavyweight fight between Dave Herman and Mike Russow had been pulled from the card. Now, Dave is saying that there is more to the story than a simple injury. Yesterday, Herman was on Clinch Gear Radio where he explained that he was removed from the card for a failed drug test. Here's a transcription of the relevant parts of the interview:

I went in to give my drug test, right? And a week later they called me and said they lost my urine speciman and I had to come in and re-do it. That was last week. Like, I went back in that day and today they said I failed. And I said 'uh, that's impossible.'

It was September 15, I went in and took the first test. And then a week later they e-mailed me and called me and said they lost the sample and I had to come in and do it again. So I went in to do it again that day and then today they just got the results I guess.

But then I called because I've been trying to figure this out. I was like how did they lose it? What happened? I don't know. But then Texas said that they never lost it and said that they never lost it and the first test was for drugs and the second was steroids.

They didn't say I had performance enhancing drugs, they said I had marijuana. And I don't even smoke, so yeah. Although I think the Diaz brothers do claim it is performance enhancing somehow.

What is actually said here has been misreported several places. Many people have said that Herman tested positive for steroids, but he makes it clear that it was for marijuana, not any sort of PED. The confusion seems to stem from the line where Herman says that Texas told him test one was for drugs and test two for steroids, but listening to the interview makes it very clear that he is saying they were testing for different things with each test but that it was marijuana that he was popped for.

I'm sure there will be more on this story over the coming days.