Dave Grohl to Host 'Sound City' SiriusXM Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
Program will highlight stories and songs from the famed recording studio

20121127-dave-x600-1354049429.jpg

Dave Grohl will host an exclusive, limited-run show on SiriusXM called "Dave Grohl Presents Sound City," which will feature music recorded at the legendary California studio. The studio is also the subject of Grohl's upcoming Sound City documentary.

Premiering on November 29th at 4 p.m. EST on SiriusXM's Classic Vinyl station, each episode will focus on a specific time period at Sound City. Episode one covers 1970-75 and will feature music from artists like Neil Young, Elton John and Fleetwood Mac. The episodes will extend to 2011, with music from Tom Petty, Santana, the Grateful Dead, Jimmy Eat World, Metallica, Arctic Monkeys and Grohl's former group Nirvana, who recorded some of their seminal Nevermind at Sound City.

"I'm so proud of the Sound City film and beyond excited for the world to see what I've been working on for the past year," Grohl said in a statement. "Even before that, though, I'm grateful to SiriusXM for giving me the opportunity to share all this great music and to let people know what got me excited about Sound City in the first place."

The final episode of the show, airing January 24th, will feature a discussion with Grohl about making the documentary Sound City. You can also check out a preview clip of the film that finds Tom Petty, Mick Fleetwood, Butch Vig and Trent Reznor talking about the studio's beloved Neve 8028 recording console.

Rollingstone