Darby Allin says he never plans to leave AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
press-07-darby-allin-vs-christian-cage-collision-2023-08-19_002.webp

Darby Allin says unlike with MJF, there will never be a bidding war for his services.

Allin told Jon Chuckery recently that he has no intention of ever leaving the promotion, saying he "is going to live and die in AEW."

"I don't know if people realize how fortunate we are to be wrestling at such a high level with such an open-minded owner," Allin said of AEW. "What you see out there is 100% Darby Allin. Nobody tells me how to walk, talk, or act. It's 100% me and to have that free reign to collaborate with Tony (Khan) and create such good storylines leading to Wembley, pro wrestling's biggest event. You literally can't say enough good things. I'm super stoked on everything with my whole growth in AEW, them just letting me be me."

Allin is an AEW original, having debuted for the promotion on its first show, Fyter Fest 2019. He wrestled Cody Rhodes to a 20-minute time-limit draw that night.

Allin continued to say that he's told Tony Khan he has no intention of ever starting "a bidding war" for his services.

"I always tell Tony maybe I'm the worst businessman in professional wrestling because there's never going to be a bidding war for Darby Allin. That's because I love it, I love AEW so much. I ain't playing games, I'm not going to try and say, 'Oh, what if I went somewhere else?' No, I'm just being real, Darby Allin is going to live and die in AEW."

Allin's most recent AEW match was a win over Christian Cage on Saturday's Collision. He is scheduled to team with Nick Wayne on tonight's AEW Dynamite from Duluth, Georgia. They will take on AR Fox and Swerve Strickland, the same team Allin and Sting will wrestle in a coffin match on Sunday in London's Wembley Stadium.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Hasn't he also been on record saying he doesn't want to be doing this stuff into his 40's or something like that? Frankly, it wouldn't be a smart move for Darby not to want to stay in AEW.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
He’s got a cushy gig. Wouldn’t make sense to go back to the indies and WWE would change him too much.

Pretty easy decision

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I could see him ditching the gimmick and name all together at some point. "Darby Allin" might live and die in AEW but Darby Cashin will debut at Money In the Bank 2026.

• Haha
Reactions: Dubb

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
That rolls off the tongue like a handful of nails.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Yeah if there is any person I can never see in WWE, it is Darby Allin. AEW just suits him too well