Darby Allin provides update on Sting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
darby-allin_sting-vs-chris-jericho_sammy-guevara-dynamite-2023-06-28-027.webp

Darby Allin has provided an update on Sting.

On Dyanmite last week, Sting jumped off a ladder and landed on Sammy Guevara, sending both crashing through a table at ringside. However, the 64-year-old came up a little short on the move and his mouth connected with Guevara's knee.

"I'm gonna have a bunch of stitches in my lip, and one of my teeth seems halfway knocked out," Sting told the live crowd in Hamilton after the match.

However, Darby Allin told Busted Open Radio on Wednesday that Sting is "feeling great."

Darby said:

He's actually doing great. We talked the day after and he said he was feeling great, which is awesome because I pulled him aside after that match and I said, 'Yo, just be honest with me, how [are] you feeling? Not just your mouth but your neck, every single thing about your body because people forget that he, kind of, retired in 2014 when he took that buckle bomb.

Darby continued:

So for him to be going as hard - and trust me when I say this, it's none of my ideas - It's all him. He's just like, 'alright, is there a ladder here tonight? I'll jump off it.' A lot of people think it's me, kind of, being the bad influence but it's him. He's got that hunger, he's got that want to give the fans something. But he's feeling great and I'm stoked.

Sting was also involved in a physical match at Forbidden Door on 6/25. At one point, Guevara appeared to land awkwardly on him when attempting a diving cutter from the top rope.

In total, Sting wrestled three times in June. His matches took place on the 6/14 Dynamite, Forbidden Door on 6/25, and then AEW Dynamite on 6/28. His only other two matches this year took place at NOAH Great Muta Final Bye Bye on 1/22 and also on the 3/22 AEW Dynamite.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
“people forget that he, kind of, retired in 2014 when he took that buckle bomb.”
The only one that tends to forget that piece of information is Sting himself lol.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lmao yeah I was gonna say that's brought up every time he wrestles either by people actually concerned or just pretending to be