Danny McBride to Write, David Gordon Green to Direct HALLOWEEN Remake

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Danny-McBride-David-Gordon-Green-Halloween-020917-Dragonlord.jpg

Masked killer Michael Myers is coming back — again — in a new Halloween horror movie. But this time, the talent quotient behind the camera will be higher than the normal slasher flick.

David Gordon Green, the co-creator of HBO's Eastbound & Down and director of movies such as Pineapple Express and Our Brand Is Crisis, will helm a new movie that will have a script co-written by him and frequent collaborator, Danny McBride.

John Carpenter, the co-creator of the franchise and who directed the 1978 original, made the announcement on his Facebook page.

"David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and…WOW. They get it. I think you’re gonna dig it. They blew me away,” he wrote. "I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool. And you’ll get to see it in theaters on October 19th, 2018."

With Green and McBride on board, it seems that the producers are serious about this remake. Carpenter will exec produce along with Green and McBride’s Rough House Pictures.

'Halloween' Remake Nabs David Gordon Green and Danny McBride to Direct and Write

I'm willing to bet this doesn't pan out, this series is put out and brought back like an actual Michael Myers movie.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Ehhh

Why'd Rob stop? His were at least somewhat decent. Love Danny, but I don't need a comedic take on Halloween.

I just need teens getting killed whilst having sex.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Rob left because his Halloween underperformed and that studio who owns the Halloween rights are clown shoes.

Also McBride is a damn good writer, most comedians know dark shit than any would be horror lover.