Daniel Bryan on YES chants, WM match and Best In the World

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
What he thought of the 'Yes' chants last Monday night after WrestleMania: "I thought the whole thing was unreal, that all these people were getting behind me. Or maybe they weren't getting behind me. Maybe it's just fun to chant "Yes!" But it was really cool. I came out and did a post-show [non-televised] dark match, and there was a really special moment where they were behind me 100%."

Any ideas why it is happening right now?: "Especially last week in Miami, I feel like part of it was a backlash against how short my match at Wrestlemania was. A lot of it is that people like to boo me, but they kind of like me. They don't want bad things to happen to me, like an 18-second loss at Wrestlemania, especially the hardcore fans, which is mostly who comes for Wrestlemania. People come from all over the world. They travel to Wrestlemania, and a lot of those people know my story, how long it took me to get a Wrestlemania match. And then for my first one to be an 18-second loss, it actually generated a lot of anger."

Does he share that anger?: "Of course I do. I was World Heavyweight Champion for four months. I wanted to go out there and steal the show. I was trained by Shawn Michaels, and that's what he's notorious for. I've always had the mindset that my wrestling is as good as or better than anybody out there. I was really looking forward to going out there and showing everybody what I can do on the biggest stage of them all, and then I just wasn't able to do it."

What the conversation was like when he was told he was going only 18 seconds: "I mean, there wasn't much of a conversation. This is my job, you know? You have to do something, and even if you don't like it, that's what you do. But you go out there and do the best that you can. I went out and did the best entrance I could possibly do. You just do your best; that's all anybody can do."

What he would like to do now with his character: "I would like to have a more aggressive side to my character. Losing the World Heavyweight Championship in 18 seconds, storyline or not, is going to anger somebody. If you've been champion for four months and you lose it in 18 seconds on what's kind of a cheap shot, you're going to be a little bit angry. I'd like to amp up the more aggressive side of my character in that sense. But as far as what happens from here, who knows? I'm hoping that the fans keep getting behind me. Even if they do the "Yes!" chant in a mocking sense, I want them to see me in the same light that they've seen me before, as one of the main event guys on Smackdown."

Did CM Punk clear it with him before using the "Best in the World" catchphrase: "No, he didn't [laughs]. Literally, we haven't talked about it at all."

Is he annoyed by it? "No, not at all. Chris Jericho had done something similar after I had done it. The only thing that I find really funny is that the "Best in the World" font on the back of his T-shirt is almost identical to the "Best in the World" on the back of my Ring of Honor shirts. It's just funny."

Any talk with WWE about getting "Final Countdown" as his entrance theme : "There has been zero. They've never mentioned getting anything licensed for me. Maybe things will change. But you know, I like the "Ride of the Valkyries" mix that I've got going on now."

Good read, top bloke. It was sickening what happened at WM.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
This is one of the things I love about Danielson the person, we all know how good he is as a performer but he always seems so humble with it.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
OMFG! CM PUNK IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD! END OF FUCKIN STORY! CASE CLOSED! Is Bryan a great wrestler HELL YEAH! But he not the best in the world CM PUNK IS!

1dad78d8f1ae8a4aeff8157d52069be0.jpg

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
OMFG! CM PUNK IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD! END OF FUCKIN STORY! CASE CLOSED! Is Bryan a great wrestler HELL YEAH! But he not the best in the world CM PUNK IS!

Does this make Danielson a hipster, because he was the best in the world before it was cool?

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Kill Steen Kill said:
Does this make Danielson a hipster, because he was the best in the world before it was cool?

Bryan is a great but he NOT FUCKIN BEST IN THE WORLD! CM PUNK IS DEAL WITH!

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Kill Steen Kill said:
OH HELL NO! CM Punk is great BUT BRYAN IS BETTERR. LEARN TO DEAL WITH!

NO! CM PUNK THE BEST IN THE WORLD! Bryan is great but not the BEST! LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT!

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
Randy Savage said:
CM PUCK IS THE BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD END OF STORY CASE CLOSED!

NO CMDRUNK FUCK SUCKS A DUCK IN A PICKUP TRUCK

Pipe bomb abuse!

#darksidegames

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Darksidetrin said:
NO CMDRUNK F*** SUCKS A DUCK IN A PICKUP TRUCK

Pipe bomb abuse!

#darksidegames

HE THE STRAIGHT EDGE MAN! AND THE BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD!