Daniel Bryan doing a heel turn?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If you didn't watch last night's Clash of Champions, this may be a spoiler for you.

It would appear based on Daniel Bryan's actions during the Shinsuke Nakamura and Randy Orton vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn macth he is on the verge of a heel turn. His celebration with both Kevin and Sami seemed a bit odd. Actually, him and Shane BOTH acting as heels was a bit odd during this match. I am not sure what this means for SmackDown but maybe it could make it interesting again. Maybe Shane will be taking a break.

What do you guys think of all this?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I am all for a heel DB. It'd be a nice change character-wise.

Also, it'll be interesting to see if all this leads to Bryan's eventual in-ring return.

Reactions: Solid Snake

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
As long as it's not another heel McMahon, I'm happy.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Isn't Shane the one being a heel? Like if you really think about it...

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Isn't Shane the one being a heel? Like if you really think about it...
Well yeah but D Bry celebrated with the heel team. Both were being heels really. Some say it was his reaction to Shane being a heel throughout the match but isn't the face suposta "rise above" the heel? It reminds me of Bayley. When she was a big time face with the belt, she acted like a heel with her promos for several weeks and it made no sense....

THE LINES ARE BEING BLURRED AGAIN! :hutz:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't think Daniel Bryan celebrated with the heel team. He didn't really celebrate at all. While KO and Zayn were celebrating, DB looked really upset through the entire thing. During the match, it was only Shane's actions that came across as a heel's actions. Yeah, DB gave a quick count but I think that had more to do with Shane not counting at all when I believe Zayn had arguably won the match but Shane refused to do the count. DB will likely defend it by saying Zayn had won the match and that's why he gave him the pin fall, or that he had to count fast to be fair since Shane would have pulled him off.

I think on Tuesday that Zayn and KO will try to thank DB for helping them and he'll make it clear that he wasn't helping them at all.

At this point, I think it's more likely that Shane will turn heel and shock everyone by burying the hatchet with KO and Zayn, who will be pissed at DB for not supporting them directly and begin feuding with Bryan instead of KO and Zayn.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think on Tuesday that Zayn and KO will try to thank DB for helping them and he'll make it clear that he wasn't helping them at all.
200.gif

You are probably right. I would much rather see him do a turn though. Like to me, it makes no sense what Shane is doing. Logically speaking, all this set up he has done, why not just fire KO, Zayn, and Dbry and be done with it? lol

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
200.gif

You are probably right. I would much rather see him do a turn though. Like to me, it makes no sense what Shane is doing. Logically speaking, all this set up he has done, why not just fire KO, Zayn, and Dbry and be done with it? lol

Yeah with DB breaking Orton's count specifically because KO knocked him over, they were able to have DB break up a pin without really doing anything heelish. Might be interesting to see him as a heel, but don't think they're going to be doing that... or if they do, I don't think yet.

Then again, don't feel bad. I'm often wrong.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah with DB breaking Orton's count specifically because KO knocked him over, they were able to have DB break up a pin without really doing anything heelish. Might be interesting to see him as a heel, but don't think they're going to be doing that... or if they do, I don't think yet.

Then again, don't feel bad. I'm often wrong.

You're often wrong? You seem to predict things a lot better than me! lol I kind of just throw some BS idea out there and hope somewhere between Albuquerque and Mars, it sticks. I was wrong about Batista. Which was a good thing. Very very good thing.
:phew:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You're often wrong? You seem to predict things a lot better than me! lol I kind of just throw some BS idea out there and hope somewhere between Albuquerque and Mars, it sticks. I was wrong about Batista. Which was a good thing. Very very good thing.
:phew:

I was throwing you a bone :p

And yes, I think a lot of us are glad about the Batista thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
shane is the heel, i don't know what show you are watching.
It was a thought. When he turns heel, I will rub it in your face now! :finger:
When he doesn't I will just delete the thread and hope everyone forgets I ever made it...