Dana White's Plans For The Ultimate Fighter In The Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
“The show is going to be so huge down in Brazil,â€￾ UFC president Dana White said on Thursday. “We’re going to do one in Canada, we’re going to do one down in Australia, we’re going to do one in the U.K.â€￾

But that’s not where the story ends. In addition to taking the show international, White hopes to eventually conduct TUF houses in other countries simultaneously, and winners from each country’s household will face each other to determine a world winner.

“What I eventually want to do is do The Ultimate Fighter in all these different countries,â€￾ White said. “We’ll kick it off at the same time and then the winner of those countries will then fight the winners of the other countries. So it almost becomes the World Cup and you end up with one winner worldwide.â€￾

Immediate plans to initiate the TUF World Cup weren’t shared, but White did say casting for TUF: Brazil begins almost immediately following this weekend’s UFC 140 card in Toronto. The UFC president said he flies out to Brazil at the beginning of the week and things are developing as more time passes.

“I start casting on Monday in Brazil,â€￾ he said. “So we’re on our way.â€￾

Coaches for the reality show are constantly speculated leading into the season. Names like Vitor Belfort and Wanderlei Silva come to mind as good fits for the first TUF in Brazil. White says a lot of names are in the hat to coach the show, but no decisions have been made. In addition, it looks like Fuel TV is going to be where TUF: Brazil lands when it comes time to air the show in America, according to the UFC executive.

But Brazil is just the jumping off point for TUF’s international infiltration.

“The ones that we know are gonna be first are Brazil, Canada, U.K., Australia, and still possibly the Philippines. I’m thinking in the next year we’ll be kicking off all these countries,â€￾ said White.

He sees The Ultimate Fighter as the promotion’s no-so-secret weapon to truly take the UFC brand worldwide.

“People around the world are interested in The Ultimate Fighter, who wins it and stuff. Imagine now when it’s in everybody’s country and then they get to fight all these different guys from around the world. I think this thing is gonna be so huge, it’s just a no-brainer,â€￾ White commented.

“You look at ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ here. I think we ended up with four guys in this last finale that have potential and can be stars. Imagine doing that in every country all over the world. You do two seasons a year and you end up with five to 10 guys an entire country is behind and knows. The guy who wins the world, huge.â€￾

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Sounds like a fucking amazing idea. Would be great if the houses we're also split into two weight classes aswell like this years was.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i love the idea of doing The Ultimate Fighter like that, i mean finding great fighters in the USA is alright but finding the very best from allll over the world would be awesome as well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Love the idea. UFC is so popular worldwide and they will easily be able to find enough quality fighters to create shows in each country. It is a great way to take advantage of the popularity of UFC in each of these countries.