Dana White won't rule out Paul Daley return to the UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
BIRMINGHAM, England – British slugger Paul Daley (29-10-2) may have potentially removed himself from UFC president Dana White's "pay no mind" list, but don't expect him to be stepping into the octagon anytime soon.

At Saturday night's UFC 138 post-event press conference in Birmingham, England, UFC president Dana White didn't necessarily uphold his "never again" stance on the banished welterweight but did say Daley wasn't exactly on his radar.

And while making the comment, White also seemed to suggest that the current Strikeforce-Showtime talks, of which he recently took charge, are at least currently ongoing.

"The Strikeforce-Showtime deal isn't done yet," White said. "We'll see what happens with that first. I just have a hard time with what Daley did."

What Daley "did," of course, was suckerpunch Josh Koscheck following their now-infamous UFC 113 matchup. White cut Daley immediately after the event and swore the Brit would never again fight in the octagon. And while White on Saturday night didn't exactly echo his original sentiment, he also didn't seem to be following Daley's post-UFC career.

"It's not like Daley's been so friendly since that happened, either," White said. "Plus, he hasn't won. The guy's got to win some fights.

"Any guy who loses in the UFC or other promotions, you lose, and you go get some wins somewhere else and come back."

Of course, Daley has picked up regional-show wins over Luigi Fioravanti, Jordan Radev, Yuya Shirai, Scott Smith, Jorge Masvidal and Daniel Acacio since his UFC release, but losses to Tyron Woodley and Nick Diaz leave Daley's mark at 6-2 since his departure from the UFC.

But Daley hasn't necessarily come to the UFC boss with hat in hand, either, and White seems unconvinced that Daley will be back in the UFC anytime soon.

"I'm not a fan, to be honest," White said. "You know that."

MMAJunkie.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
White will ignore a grudge if it can make him money but Daley will have to become unstoppable outside of UFC before he even considers it. I personally think that Daley won't fight again in the UFC.