Dana White Unsure Of Cung Le Returning To The UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
"I don't know, I don't know we'll see. You know he's up there, his dream was to fight in the UFC. He got to the fight in the UFC and fight Wanderlie Silva. You think about it, Cung Le is one of these guys who comes from traditional martial arts. What this guy has accomplished in transitioning from traditional martial arts into MMA, it's pretty damn amazing. I have so much respect for that guy as a fighter and as a human being."

-- One and done? UFC President Dana White tells MMAFighting.com that he is unsure if the Cung Le, 39, will return for an encore performance with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Le, who was coming off a 17-month layoff heading into his fight with Wanderlei Silva this past weekend (Nov. 19) at UFC 139: "Shogun vs. Henderson, suffered only the second loss of his mixed martial arts (MMA) career to "The Axe Murderer." White was non committal when asked if Le would return, leading one to believe that he did not sign a multi-fight contract with the promotion.

Fightline.com

Deuce

Reaction score
I would love to see Cung Le return, he is pretty entertaining and is a great athlete. He had a great match with Wanderlei so he should return and fight some more.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He should return because it was a terrible ref stoppage, he went down for the single leg takedown he didn't fall and the ref stopped it way too soon. Henderson and Shogun did the exact same thing in the mainevent and the ref didn't stop the fight for them. He deserves another fight but with a better ref because he looked awesome.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Read something that said Cung Le is unsure if he even wants to return to the UFC as well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wouldn't surprise me because he was probably unhappy with the finish. Plus he has options outside of MMA so he isn't one that needs another fight.

Deuce

Reaction score
He does deserve another fight against Wanderlei, I was glad that Wanderlei won but the ending was kinda disappointing. He should have a couple more matches in the UFC before moving onto other MMA companies in my opinion, he is a great fighter.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Ultimately it'll be up to Dana and when he's unsure about somebody's future in the UFC after their first fight it's usually not a good sign.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between those two either. The fight was so entertaining that I want to see three more rounds of it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
His nose got smashed to bits, was a smart stoppage IMO, dont want him ending up like Antonio Margarito.