Dana White Speaks Out On Floyd Mayweather

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White has been known to use strong language. He's been known to speak his mind, which sometimes rattles cages and can even offend some people. He's been called a lot of things as a result, but "racist" has never been on that list of adjectives.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for WBC Welterweight Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr., who infamously said in 2010 of long-time rival Manny Pacquiao:

"As soon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little chump," said Mayweather, 33, the winner of nine world boxing championships in five different weight classes. "Once I stomp that midget, I'll make that motherf----r make me some sushi roll and cook me some rice."

"Pretty Boy" was back in the headlines recently for equally dubious reasons when he made the following comments about New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin, who is of Taiwanese decent:

"Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise."

In a segment for FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight," which will air tonight (Feb. 21, 2012) at 10 p.m. ET, White addressed Mayweather and his racially charged sentiments:

"First of all, what [he] said, I think, was racist. He's made a couple of racist comments. And yes, you're racist with the stuff you've said. ... you dummy. Don't worry about what all these other guys are doing, and shooting your big mouth off on Twitter. ... And I know I speak for millions and millions of other people. Shut the f*** up ..."

Though it was certainly not spoken in a whisper, White may very well have been echoing what a lot of other sports fans and personalities were feeling toward Mayweather and his comments.

:dana:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
And here's what Mayweathers team said to Dana.

“He needs to shut the fuck up and mind his own business, stay in his own lane and keep on taking advantage of the UFC fighters, while underpaying them. If he keeps on running his mouth, we may decide to give a free seminar to all of the UFC fighters on how the pay-per-view revenue should be distributed. This is typical Dana, who is always prone to ignorant outbursts. He should be the last person to try to judge someone else.â€￾

and Dana's response to this,

“Just for the record, shut the fuck up I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to Floyd. We’re doing something amazing. We’re building a sport while you guys are destroying one.â€￾

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Interesting war of words. Mayweather does need to watch his mouth because what he said was really dumb, the Jeremy Lin is newsworthy not because of his race but because of the story on how he made it to the NBA. His camp do make some good points about UFC underpaying guys, I have been saying it for quite some time that UFC don't pay the fighters enough. $8k for a fight on a PPV undercard that will draw tens of millions of dollars is pathetic.