Dana White Speaks On Rivalry Between UFC And Pride

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC President Dana White was recently interviewed by Telegraph.co.uk on a wide range of topics, including the UFC vs. Pride rivalry, that only ended when the UFC bout the Japanese organization, and shuttered it shortly thereafter.

"Japan is an important market to us," said White. "It is a place that was huge at one time. Some of the greatest fights that ever happened in MMA happened in Japan.

"And I've always said that huge rivalry between us and PRIDE, it was some of the funnest moments of my life. It was actually fun.

"If you look back throughout history, there's only one show that I have ever said was a competitor to the UFC and it was Pride. Pride was the only show that I would ever put on the same level, and put on a pedestal that was the same as the UFC."

"Not only did it deliver great fights, they created a lot of great fighters."

"And it is the only other show that I have watched. I used to go there an watch it live.

"The whole days of the Pride organization were fun. It was a good time for me."

"Who knows if we can get back to the days of having 100,000 people in the stadium, but I think with the right fight, we could."

After reading this think i'm gonna go watch some old PRIDE fights.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Barnett vs Nogueira is my #2 fave fight of all time.

PRIDE pwned.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Going to struggle to get 100k fans in a stadium anywhere in the world for MMA let alone Japan. Going to need a few cult heros at the same time to clash in order to sell that many tickets.