Dana White Says Ludwig Now UFC Record-Holder For Quickest Knockout

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC president Dana White announced on Christmas Eve that Duane "Bang" Ludwig is the owner of the fastest knockout in the promotion’s history.

Time stands still, however, for the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

"The ruling is that it stays at 11," NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer today told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com). "There's no legal avenue to overturn it."

Reached today for comment on the ruling, White was less than pleased with the decision.

"Sounds like them," he told MMAjunkie.com. "We reviewed it, and it's correct. 'Bang' has the fastest knockout.

"It's funny. The state athletic commissions are in place to look out for the fighters, but it seems like I'm always the one making sure they don't get [expletive]."

Ludwig in September appealed the commission to change the time of his knockout over Jonathan Goulet at UFC Fight Night 3 to four seconds from 11. He also drafted an internet petition that garnered nearly 7,000 “likesâ€￾ on Facebook.

But Nevada’s Attorney General declined the appeal this past month.

"I did tell his people," Kizer said. "I timed it myself with a stopwatch. It was eight seconds. Officially, it's got to stay at 11 seconds, but unofficially, it could be at eight."

Ludwig sent Goulet to the canvas with a punch in the first meaningful exchange of the fight, which took place in January 2006 and aired live on Spike TV. Although it appears just four seconds elapsed from when the time clock started and referee Mario Yamasaki intervened, Kizer said the official start of the fight was earlier.

"If you use a stopwatch, from the time the fight starts to the time that Mario grabs Duane, it's about 7.9 seconds," he said. "Why the official timekeeper had it at 11, I don't know. But it wasn't 11, and it wasn't four, either."

Officially, Todd Duffee holds the fastest knockout in UFC history at seven seconds when he dropped Tim Hague at UFC 102.

Unofficially, though, the promotion recognizes Ludwig.

"They can say whatever they want," Kizer said. "Sounds like they want to be the WBC for some reason."

The World Boxing Council in October overturned a light-heavyweight title bout between champ Bernard Hopkins and Chad Dawson, declaring it a technical draw after it was ruled a second-round TKO. The California State Athletic Commission earlier this month changed the official result to a no-decision after reviewing the bout's highly unusual finish, which came after Hopkins suffered a dislocated shoulder in a fall to the mat that was initiated by Dawson.

Ludwig's camp initially requested to change the result in mid-2006 after Kizer took office as the commission's executive director. A similar inquiry to the state's attorney general was unsuccessful.