Dana White Says Jon Jones Fighting Soon, Dan Henderson Possible

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones had planned on taking a vacation following his last fight on December 10th when he submitted Lyoto Machida in the second round of their UFC 140 main event fight but vacation appears to be over according to UFC President Dana White who talked to Jones last week:

"[Jones] called about four days ago and said 'okay let's go, I'm done with vacation.'" White said on "The MMA Insiders" on ESPN1100/98.9 FM in Las Vegas (12:37 mark). "He said he wanted to take all this time off and then they were calling me four days ago saying he wants to fight as soon as possible. He's ready to go."

There are a few possibilities as to who Jones could fight next but White seemed keen on a possible match up with Dan Henderson:

"What could end up happening is Dan Henderson fights Jon Jones first, and then [Jones' subsequent fight] would be close to the time that Rashad fights. Or we see how things go with Rashad [versus Phil Davis] and Rashad fights him first," said White.

FIghtline.com

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I really believe that is Rashad wins... he should get first crack... depending on medical clearance. If it is long then Hendo gets the shot. If it is short... Shad should get the next shot because he has been the contender for bout a year or 2 now. Yeah setbacks happen but now Jones is healthy, Shad is healthy for now and has Phil Davis... and based on how Shad performed in his last fight... ah man Phil is going to be in trouble. So based on how hurt Shad is after the Phil Davis fight, barring a win, he should get first shot.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
'Right now UFC 145 has no main event and timeline-wise it is perfect for Jones' return. Evans vs Davis is only 8 weeks prior to UFC 145 so it's unlikely either of those guys are gonna get a shot. And Rampage, Shogun, and Machida are all coming off of loses.'

The only option is Jones vs Hendo. Said Dana,

"We've got to see how this thing plays out but what could end up happening is Dan Henderson fights Jon Jones first."
Thought it was interesting that the UFC isn't advertising Clay Guida/Gray Maynard for UFC 145 anymore either.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well if Hendo winds up with the shot first it wouldn't be a bad thing. It just seems like Shad should get the shot first to me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I want the winner of Evans/Davis to get the next title shot. They have been building the Jones/Evans fight for a long time and that should be the next fight. Henderson would be a good opponent but maybe he can have the next shot after Evans/Davis.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Basically that's what's going to happen now, Jones just randomly came out and said he wanted to fight soon and Dana wanted him at UFC 145 in March but Evans might not be ready which would push the fight off until May-June. Which honestly, would be for the best.