Dana White Responds to Spike TV's Programming Tactics

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
ufn22_10_marquardt_vs_palhares_009_large.jpg
Any hope for the marriage between the UFC and Spike TV seemed to dissipate this past week with two moves from the cable channel that more resemble the vengeful gamesmanship of a scorned partner than typical hardball negotiation.

On Saturday, Spike counter-programmed the UFC's show on Versus with a replay of Fight Night 22 (that Nate Marquardt headlined that card is an extra "screw you"), and pulled in better ratings. Then the network aired the Countdown to UFC 132. On Tuesday. At 1:12 in the afternoon.

What did Dana White think of Spike's tactics?

"That's exactly what I would do," White told MMA Fighting. "I would do the same thing. Listen, negotiations aren't fun. You get kicked in the balls sometimes in negotiations, and Spike kicked me in the balls. I owe them one."

Leave it to Dana White to refer to the nature of his business in terms of strikes to the groin. (Perhaps he should employ Cheick Kongo as chief negotiator.)

White insists that the latest round of warfare hasn't affected his opinion of the network that fostered his company's growth, but he just got humbled Iron Sheik style. At this point, the only thing nearly as interesting as the UFC jumping to a new network would be watching the reconciliation process should they stay aboard Spike.