Dana White: Rashad Evans Wins and Remains Injury Free, He Gets Bones Jones Next

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Speculation began to swirl last week after UFC President Dana White said in an interview that Jones was already done with his vacation and looking to get back in action sooner rather than later.

He mentioned that Jones could potentially face former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson next, with most pointing at the UFC 145 card in Montreal as a possible landing spot.

While anything is still possible, on Tuesday when speaking with the Jim Rome Show, White says that Jones is indeed ready to get back in the cage, but if Evans can win on Jan 28 and come out unscathed, he’ll get his chance to face the champion.

“We’re working on it now. We’re going to obviously see what happens in this Rashad (Evans) fight at the end of the month. The next fight on Fox, Rashad is fighting (Phil) Davis, so we’ll see what happens there,” White said on Tuesday.

“If Rashad wins, if Rashad comes out injury free, we’ll get the Jon ‘Bones’ Jones/Rashad Evans fight going.”
Hmm. He's talking UFC 145 for the fight, but that's March, 24th that's kind of a quick turn around.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
File this in the folder marked "no shit".

'Shad has been #1 contender for like a year and half or something.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Shad is going to take this. Just a matter of how quickly can he do it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am hoping that Davis can at least put in a good performance, I don't want it to be a one sided fight but I do want to finally see Jones vs. Evans so that we can finally see who the better fighter is.