Dana White Puzzled By Guillard, Guarantees Anderson Will Fight Chael

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White shared his post-fight thoughts after the UFC on FX: "Guillard vs. Miller" event from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn., on Jan. 20, 2012.

The big storyline coming out of the show -- the first-ever in the FX network -- was the performance of Melvin Guillard, who once again showed flashes of brilliance, but once again wound up on the wrong end of a submission courtesy of Jim Miller.

That's now 10 losses in his professional mixed martial arts (MMA) career, nine of which have come by way of tapout. Certainly a gaping hole that a 10-year veteran should have plugged by now, but one that he mysteriously hasn't.

White weighed in:

"I don't know what it is with Melvin -- I've been saying this since the second season of The Ultimate Fighter. Even yesterday at the weigh ins, joking around: I'm waiting for this kid to take things serious. I don't know. I don't know what to say."

He goes on to recap several fights in the video above, including the big wins of Josh Neer and Pat Barry, but it's his comments on Anderson Silva that are worth highlighting here.

That's because just yesterday during the UFC on Fox 2 conference call, Chael Sonnen boldly predicted that if he defeated Michael Bisping next Saturday (Jan. 28, 2012) on network television to earn the next middleweight number one contender position, "The Spider" would find another way to avoid the rematch.

Sonnen even went as far to say that the Brazilian champion "will never fight again."

White disagrees:

"I 100 percent, right here, right now, guarantee that if Chael Sonnen wins that fight [against Michael Bisping] Anderson Silva will fight Chael Sonnen this summer. And it will probably [take place in Brazil]."

MMAjunkie.com

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I love Guillard like the avatar <<<<< suggests, but Dana is bang on.

He must of been taught his defence by Dan Hardy, because hes total shit.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is pretty bad that he lost two fights in a row in the same fashion in the first round.

Glad that White has confirmed that if Sonnen wins he will face Silva, Sonnen talks so much crap but if he wins his only fight should be against Silva.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Guillard can stand and bang, he can take you down, he a physical specimen at 155. He just needs to up his game. He's got far too much potential to be going down the way he has been.