Dana White On SOPA Website Attackers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
CHICAGO – If you were monitoring Twitter on Sunday, news that the UFC website had been rerouted by anti-SOPA hackers didn't get much of a rise out of its president, Dana White.

Not enough to distract him from watching his beloved New England Patriots win a trip to the Super Bowl.

Things haven't changed much since then. As the UFC allots additional resources to fight a repeat occurrence of the cyber-attack, which prompted concerns over the security of financial information of fans who'd purchased items on the UFC's website, White today issued a challenge to those who would hijack the UFC's URL.

"I'm not afraid of you," he said. "So you want to keep hacking our site? Go for it. Watch what happens. You're hurting yourself."

White said UFC.com users needn't be concerned with the theft of credit information.

"That stuff is all safe," he said. "That was their thing, too: 'You don't care about (credit-card information).' Go play games with somebody else. It's all a game. We have a serious system over at our place."

The attack, which re-routed site users to a dummy UFC.com site, affected the high-traffic website for several hours on Sunday before the promotion's Web team was able to restore the regular site. A hacker soon claimed responsibility for the attack on Twitter and boasted of redirecting several high-profile websites.

The group to which the hacker claimed to be affiliated, Anonymous, was credited this past week with bringing down the websites of the Department of Justice and FBI in response to the indictment of seven executives from the popular file-sharing website Megaupload.

Most credited the Web attack on the UFC as a response to an editorial published this past week by its chief legal counsel, Lawrence Epstein, who expressed support for the controversial anti-piracy bills SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) and PIPA (Protect IP).

The UFC has aggressively pursued piracy in the courts in recent years and successfully brought down several websites that pirated their content. While White admitted the bill was not the perfect vehicle in the fight to protect his promotion's most valuable product – pay-per-view broadcasts – he said it's the best weapon available at the moment.

"Is SOPA the perfect bill? No, it's not," he said. "The only thing that we're focused on is piracy. Piracy is stealing. If you walk into a store and you steal a gold watch, it's the same as stealing a pay-per-view. I don't care what your twisted, demented idea of stealing is. This kids who grew up on the Internet never had to pay for anything, so they don't think that you should have to."

He also noted the attacks would prompt counteractions that would ultimately undermine the aim of the anti-SOPA movement: to protect free speech on the Internet.

"These guys look like terrorists now," White said. "And a bill that was about to die is about to come back. Now you guys look like terrorists.

"Politicians were terrified of the Internet. Now, you're making them mad. And one thing that everybody has to learn and everybody has to know – everybody's saying, 'You can't beat the Internet.'

"No, you can't beat the [expletive] government. That's who you can't beat. That's a fight you will always lose."

But White invites hackers to try.

"I'm not Ebay," he said. "If my website goes down for two days, alright. The website goes down for two days. We'll fix it. You're not hurting me by taking my website down."

MMAJunkie.com

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Earlier today, UFC president Dana White issued an open challenge to Internet hackers, and it didn't take long for that community to respond.

A Twitter user claiming to be a member of the same Internet group that over the weekend attacked UFC.com, UGNazi.com, posted a link to a file listing the apparent phone number, social security number and current and past addresses of the UFC boss.

"We don't want your site anymore," the user stated via Twitter. "We are going after YOU! Follow me for tonight's exciting events."

Despite the bold first step of what could prove an ugly battle between White and those who stand against anti-piracy efforts, the UFC boss did not back down when asked for comment.

"I said a couple years ago piracy is a serious issue to us, and we are going after it guns a blazin'," White told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com).

The posting of White's alleged personal information comes on the heels of his heated challenge to Internet hackers following today's UFC on FOX 2 post-event press conference.

MMAjunkie.com

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This whole internet shit is just getting out of control on all fronts. Stuff getting hacked left and right.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Dana is being a moron to be honest. Why would you openly challenge and piss off a bunch of high level hackers for no real reason? So what happens if people pay to watch the next PPV on ufc.com then the hackers take it down, it would cause so much unnecessary problems. One time he ought to have kept his trap shut for a change.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
That shit cray, Dana will get fucked up.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yes, he probably should've just shut up about it and went on but it's Dana White, the man loves confrontation.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah, I seen the pastebin they leaked. He must be mad about it.

You should look at his tweets, they were cracking me up. I'm loving how he insults people.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I've seen a few of the tweets, i didn't want to go digging through them all but yeah Dana is hilarious on Twitter.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Lol, check this one.

262mjpx.png

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So is it easy to get a reaction from Dana?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
If you try hard enough, lol go through all his tweets at @DanaWhite. Some are quite funny.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC president Dana White's war on Internet piracy may have just taken an unexpected (and somewhat bizarre) turn.

Twenty-four hours after hackers posted White's alleged personal info – including his apparent phone number, social security number and current and past addresses – a Las Vegas woman has come forward and claims at least part of that information is completely incorrect.

"When I look, it's my phone number and my address," Las Vegas' Julie Breeler told FOX 5 Vegas in a Friday night report. "There's no Dana White here, folks."

Breeler claims to have received more than 500 phone calls since her information was released in place of White's actual data.

In the report, FOX 5 reporter Matt Delucia suggests the UFC boss' name became associated with Breeler's address thanks to a past resident of the house who owned a white cat named "Dana," and used the pseudonym as a way to detect junk mail.

That's shitty, this woman who has nothing to do with any of this and those hackers gave out all of her information NOT Dana's.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
What idiots, they should of at least done some research instead of just leaking random info they think is his just to look good. Fools.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pathetic by the hackers, first they should never reveal that personal information about someone who has done nothing except say that he will protect his business. Second getting that info wrong and causing an innocent woman to get stuck in the middle of it is pathetic.