Dana White Not Happy With Referee At UFC !39

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC 139 may go down as one of the greatest UFC events of all time but the event was not without it's flaws in the eyes of UFC President Dana White who was furious about the reffing from Dan Stell in the Tom Lawlor/Chris Weidman match up Saturday night:

"You're a referee; You should know when somebody is out," White said at the UFC 139 post-event in press conference. "Get your ass in there and stop the fight. Same thing with the armbar Friday night in Las Vegas (Ronda Rousey vs. Julia Budd). Standing way over there while she's putting an armbar on? You get in there, and you stop the fight as soon as you can so these guys don't get hurt."

Weidman wasn't quick to blame the ref but didn't understand why he didn't step in sooner and stop the bout as Lawlor was limp for some time:

"I'm definitely not blaming (the ref)," Weidman said. "I can't really see what he was watching. I definitely felt him go out, and I was telling [Stell] that he was out, but as a ref, he can't believe what I'm saying because I could just be trying to get a cheap victory with that ... [Lawlor] was definitely out for a little long, but I'm glad that he's alright."

White himself was not as forgiving, and pointed his finger directly at Stell:

"I blame [Stell]," White said. "I blame him 100 percent."

What Dana's referring too

chris-weidman-tom-lawlor-gif.gif
MMAnews.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think this was the same ref that stopped the Cung Le fight too early. He was terrible and shouldn't be used again, Lawlor was clearly out for sometime and you can see him tapping early on. Bad positioning by the ref.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
It was the same ref haha. And Dana likely wont use him in another big fight again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hopefully the Athletic Commisions can suspend the guy for a bit because he screwed up big time especially with the Lawlor decision because he put his health in danger by not stopping it in time.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Exactly, and i didn't even notice what actually happened until after Dana had that interview and i saw the clip. Guy is an idiot.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I remember seeing Lawlor not moving and Weidman staring at the ref basically asking the ref to stop it. I only saw the tapping when they showed the replay, the ref was just in such a bad position considering he couldn't see Lawlor's hands or face to see if he is tapping.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah and i understand that he can't believe a fighter when he's saying that the other guy is choked out and what not, but it's his job to be in the proper position to make the determination himself. And if he can't do that correctly, then he shouldn't be a ref.

Deuce

Reaction score
Fail referee, he made terrible decisions that night and should be fired..

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
This referee as a f**king idiot. Gotta kill him in a second