Dan Miller Schedules Surgery For His Son, Thanks UFC For Financial Support

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
With Dan Miller facing medical bills in the neighborhood of $100,000, things weren't exactly heading in the right direction for the UFC middleweight contender.

Now, thanks to a little help from his employers, Miller is in much better shape.

MMAjunkie recently learned from Miller's camp at AMA Fight Club that UFC co-owners Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White each made significant private donations to the Daniel James Miller Foundation, which was created to assist in the funding of a kidney transplant for Miller's son, Daniel Jr.

"Zuffa went above and beyond to make sure that Daniel James Miller and his aunt Kathy, who will be the living donor, will have the absolute best health care and the funding possible to make the surgery happen," AMA trainer Mike Constantino told MMAjunkie "In addition to that, Dana and Lorenzo also made a substantial donation to the Daniel James Miller Foundation."

Miller's 1-year-old son needs a kidney transplant as the result of a genetic kidney disorder known as polycystic kidney disease, or PKD. Miller's team helped establish the foundation and recently held a seminae and auction to help raise money for the cause.

"I would like to thank Dana and Lorenzo for reaching out to help Dan Miller and his family," Constantino said. "Zuffa has proven time and time again that they take care of their own, and they should be recognized for that. These are the things that make being a part of the UFC family so special.

"I would also personally like to thank Reed Harris who was very instrumental in this and it is very reassuring to hear from him that the UFC has our back no matter how tall the obstacle."

According to Constantino, Miller Jr. recently returned home from a two-week hospital stay and is currently at home and under a nurse's care. The transplant is currently scheduled for late January.

Harris, the former WEC head and current UFC vice president of community relations, declined to comment specifically on Zuffa's donation.

"We don't typically comment on private matters such as this," Harris said. "I can just tell you that at Zuffa, we really do treat our fighters like family."

The Miller family will continue to incur additional costs associated with the transplant and recovery because the procedure is not covered by medical insurance. As such, the Daniel James Miller foundation will continue to accept donations.

"The Daniel James Miller foundation is up and running and always accepting donations," Constantino said. "We all truly appreciate the amazing support from everyone.

"The MMA community really stepped up, and I am very proud to say that I am a part of it."

MMAJunkie.com

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Great to read. Hope all goes well for everyone involved.