Dan Henderson Wants Jon Jones vs. Quinton Jackson Winner in Unification Bout

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
10_Fedor_Henderson_08_large.jpg
Dan Henderson's name came up with regularity during the speculation over the UFC on Fox main event. Many fans and media members felt that a bout between Hendo and Mauricio Rua would be a solid fight to headline the UFC's first network TV effort. That fight obviously did not come through, but Henderson signing with the UFC still seems like a sure thing.

So who would he like to fight in his first bout back with the UFC? MMA Interviews caught up with the Strikeforce light heavyweight champion and asked him just that:

I think the biggest fight that the UFC would make money on and the fans would want to see, I would think, would be me against the winner of Jones and Rampage. That would be a fight to unify the titles with Strikeforce and UFC, I think that would be a good move. ... I'm not opposed to (fighting Shogun) but I think it wouldn't be a fight that I would be excited about right now. I think maybe if he's got one more big win on him.

There are, of course, other potential fights for Henderson in the UFC. A bout with Lyoto Machida or a rematch with Quinton Jackson are decent options. I'd stop short of calling a drop back to 185 to face Anderson Silva a good idea, but Silva coming up to 205 to fight Henderson holds a certain appeal.

But the idea of a unification bout is in line with how the UFC handled Henderson's last run when he came in as a multi-division PRIDE champion and fought back-to-back champion vs. champion fights.