Dan Henderson Wants a Title Unification Fight in UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
dan-henderson-teeth_large.jpg
Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson is in a pretty good position right now. He's now a free agent after defeating Fedor Emelianenko in the last fight of his Strikeforce deal, and it seems pretty obvious that he'll end up back in the UFC. He spoke to MMA Weekly Radio about the barriers involved in him making his return, and who he could possibly fight. On the contract negotiations:

"It will probably come down to money, but it’s coming from the same people, so it’s a matter of where they’re going to make the most money off of me as well, and to be able to pay what I’m getting paid, they need to be making money as well," commented Henderson.

And what fight does he think makes the most sense?

"I think the biggest fight they could promote is probably a title unification with whoever is the champ in the UFC," Henderson said.

"I think for them to utilize the best potential to make money for everybody, I think they’d have to have Rashad (Evans) wait it out one more fight."

For those thinking that he could be a possibility on the first Fox card, it doesn't seem likely. While this interview was conducted before the Fox deal was announced, Henderson likely wouldn't be ready for a November fight. He stated that he's in no huge hurry to figure out the contract stuff. He also said he would like to take another month off before he gets back into the gym, and wants to fight in December. So there goes that idea.