Dan Henderson Says He Turned Down Bout With “Lil Nogâ€￾ Because He Wanted A Title Shot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
“I was under the impression that [Dana White] was still kinda on the fence on whether he was gonna put me in front of Rashad (Evans) or not. That’s assuming Rashad wins. He did offer me a fight with little Nogueira and I didn’t think the fans would be interested in that fight and it’s not as much time as I’d like to prepare for a five round fight so I told him I’d wait and see what happens with the Rashad fight. I’d like to fight Jones now rather than if I took that fight with Little Nog. I wouldn’t be fighting Jones for another eight, ninth months. I’m okay waiting a little bit. It was more about having the time to prepare and I did inquire to say hey, I would be interested in doing it if it was a three round fight, I could have time to prepare.â€

In a statement released this afternoon, Dan Henderson relays that he was offered a fight with “Lil Nog†but that the bout didn’t interest him, nor did he think it interested his fans.

UFC President Dana White last week speculated to the fact that Hendo may be getting the next crack at Jon Jones and for Hendo that was reason enough to hold off on the booking and try to wait out a title shot.

Can Anyone blame him really?

For me at least i don't think i would've been too interested in a Lil Nog/Hendo fight. He wanted to fight Jones for the title nothing wrong with preferring to take that fight over a fight with Lil Nog. Hendo will still likely still get to fight for the title if Rasahd beats Jones and vise versa.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
A fight with Lil Nog would have done nothing for him. Especially if there would have been a loss on his side it would have really screwed him up. Hendo did the right thing in declining the fight cause well... championship fight is always better.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yeah, I agree.

Hes just come off beating Fedor and winning the best fight in MMA history IMO, they need to capitalise on the hype while they can.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree.

Hes just come off beating Fedor and winning the best fight in MMA history IMO, they need to capitalise on the hype while they can.

Definitely his fight with Shogun was best in MMA history i think also.It'll be awhile before we see anything like that again.