Dan Henderson Chronicles The Continuing Chuck Liddell/Tito Ortiz Beef

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
tito_ortiz_chuck_liddell_pi_large.jpg
It seems like Dan Henderson ended up with some extra TV time because Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz still don't get along. Henderson described an incident on twitter earlier today where he became the only guest to show up at this week's taping on Inside MMA because of a last-minute booking snafu. Here's what he had to say:

@danhendo said: Had dinner w/ @Jay_Glazer last night in LA & did Inside MMA this AM. Was the only guest so got lots of air time. Want to hear the drama?
...http://www.twitter.com/danhendo
@danhendo said: Ok. So they were scrambling for a last minute guest & a fill-in host. They booked Tito about 7pm last night, & then they booked Chuck later. One of Chuck's buddies was w/ me at dinner & I mentioned that I was gonna be on the show w/ Chuck & Tito. Word got back to Chuck & he was pissed cuz he didn't know Tito was gonna be on, so he cancelled. Sorry Inside MMA! Can't we all just get along?

Liddell and Ortiz have had a long-standing beef going back to the days where Tito was the UFC light heavyweight champion and made a laundry list of excuses about why he wouldn't give Liddell a title shot. Eventually Liddell did get a fight with Tito, but it was only after Ortiz dropped the belt to Randy Couture. Chuck went on to defeat Tito twice in the cage by TKO, with a third fight expected at UFC 115 after the two were picked as coaches for The Ultimate Fighter 11. Unfortunately, Ortiz had to leave the TUF house and withdraw from the fight due to injures. Chuck has since retired, but Hendo seems to think the door may not be shut on one more battle between the two:

@danhendo said: I think we might still see one more fight between @chuckliddell & @titoortiz. I'd like to see it. Anyone else?